Jack in brass

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi all
      After having spent an hour and half doing one jack in brass and plastic card I'm ready to shout out: Don't buy this set unless you are ready to loose your eyesight, get trembling hands and dizzy from inhaling CA-glue! My time would have been better spent doing work on my loco.

      The etched brass set is offered by the Polish company Part and trades for around 8 $ when you e-shop in Poland. Some of the parts are extremely small and fiddely, eg. some bolts a mere millimeter across!

      As far as I'm concerned the result doesn't reward my great investment in time. Judge for yourself. The jack is app. 2,5 cm. in length when done. The jack is supposed to be fitted to my Carl Nielsen-loco currently being built on my work table. Some nice brackets to keep the jack in place on vehicles are included in the set as well.

      Please let me know if there are problems with my attatched files. In that case I'll upload the photos to the site(s).

    • Arnoud Bongaards
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        Hi Claus,

        Long time no post, how are you? I saw the photo and i think it looks
        great (the brass one)!
        Were did you see/buy them on the web?

        Groeten Arnoud Bongaards - Amsterdam

        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Claus Nielsen" <clni@a...>