Re: [FS32NGModelrail] New project

  • Terry Bradley
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 20, 2003
      Very nice Anders

      What's the scale and gauge?

      Terry
    • Darryl Huffman
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
        Anders,

        Your new project looks great.

        You mentioned you painted everything black in the shadowbox.  Can you share a photo in which more of the background is visible.  That way we can see the black shadow box better.

        Darryl Huffman
        Anchorage, Alaska

        Check out my web page at www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/photo5.html for photos of models of old buildings placed in a realistic setting.

      • steveblackdog@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
          In a message dated 21/10/2003 06:53:24 GMT Daylight Time, anders.runnholm@... writes:

          Here are a few pic's from my new gravel pit diorama. I've tried a few new ideas for this one, such as painting everything in the shadowbox (except scenery and trains) black. This makes the small scene stand out, and it seems to float in the middle of nowhere. Looks rather good in person, don't know if it looks so good in the pic's.

          Wonderful Anders, the quality of your modelling just keeps getting better.  There was a layout on the UK exhibition circuit a few years ago, called Totternhoe Minerals which used the shadowbox idea, and it worked very well.  As you say the scene appears to float in space and all the attention is directed at the models.  It is also possible to change the mood by playing with the lighting.  I look forward to seeing more.  Nice job on the wagons, I didnt recognise them at first.

          Steve Bennett
          www.pepper7.com
        • field Bahn
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
            Anders , Lookin' Good !

            Best Wishes Vlad New York City USA

            >From: KL_Runnholm Anders <anders.runnholm@...>
            >To: "'FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com'" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] New project
            >Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:41:59 +0200
            >
            >all:
            >
            >Here are a few pic's from my new gravel pit diorama. I've tried a few new
            >ideas for this one, such as painting everything in the shadowbox (except
            >scenery and trains) black. This makes the small scene stand out, and it
            >seems to float in the middle of nowhere. Looks rather good in person, don't
            >know if it looks so good in the pic's.
            >
            >Kind regards
            >
            >Anders
            >

            ><< Im2.jpg >>
            ><< Im3.jpg >>

            Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
            enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
            http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
          • Barry Lawrence
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
              Hi Anders… your ‘new’ system of painting everything black looks great in the
              photos, so I guess it looks fantastic in person… very inspirational...

              All the best
              Barry Lawrence
              Chief Engineer
              The Appleton Estate Railway Co. Ltd

              One month FREE spam protection at www.cloudmark.com

              Here are a few pic's from my new gravel pit diorama. I've tried a few new
              ideas for this one, such as painting everything in the shadowbox (except
              scenery and trains) black. This makes the small scene stand out, and it
              seems to float in the middle of nowhere. Looks rather good in person, don't
              know if it looks so good in the pic's.

              Kind regards

              Anders

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Bill Davis
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
                Anders very nice are there more pictures. BILL