Re: [FS32NGModelrail] New project

  • Henrik Laurell
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 20, 2003
      Hi Anders,

      Looks fantastic!! Just the kind of mystical apperance I haunt myself. After being an armchair modeler on and off for many years, I'm started to really build things, not just read about them. Your pics are great motivators for my own projects, hope to come close in a (not to far) future !

      regards
      /Henrik Laurell, Mölnlycke, Sweden

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 20, 2003
        Very nice Anders

        What's the scale and gauge?

        Terry
      • Darryl Huffman
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
          Anders,

          Your new project looks great.

          You mentioned you painted everything black in the shadowbox.  Can you share a photo in which more of the background is visible.  That way we can see the black shadow box better.

          Darryl Huffman
          Anchorage, Alaska

          Check out my web page at www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/photo5.html for photos of models of old buildings placed in a realistic setting.

        • steveblackdog@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
            In a message dated 21/10/2003 06:53:24 GMT Daylight Time, anders.runnholm@... writes:

            Here are a few pic's from my new gravel pit diorama. I've tried a few new ideas for this one, such as painting everything in the shadowbox (except scenery and trains) black. This makes the small scene stand out, and it seems to float in the middle of nowhere. Looks rather good in person, don't know if it looks so good in the pic's.

            Wonderful Anders, the quality of your modelling just keeps getting better.  There was a layout on the UK exhibition circuit a few years ago, called Totternhoe Minerals which used the shadowbox idea, and it worked very well.  As you say the scene appears to float in space and all the attention is directed at the models.  It is also possible to change the mood by playing with the lighting.  I look forward to seeing more.  Nice job on the wagons, I didnt recognise them at first.

            Steve Bennett
            www.pepper7.com
          • field Bahn
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
              Anders , Lookin' Good !

              Best Wishes Vlad New York City USA

              >From: KL_Runnholm Anders <anders.runnholm@...>
              >To: "'FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com'" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] New project
              >Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:41:59 +0200
              >
              >all:
              >
              >Here are a few pic's from my new gravel pit diorama. I've tried a few new
              >ideas for this one, such as painting everything in the shadowbox (except
              >scenery and trains) black. This makes the small scene stand out, and it
              >seems to float in the middle of nowhere. Looks rather good in person, don't
              >know if it looks so good in the pic's.
              >
              >Kind regards
              >
              >Anders
              >

              ><< Im2.jpg >>
              ><< Im3.jpg >>

              Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
              enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
              http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
            • Barry Lawrence
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
                Hi Anders… your ‘new’ system of painting everything black looks great in the
                photos, so I guess it looks fantastic in person… very inspirational...

                All the best
                Barry Lawrence
                Chief Engineer
                The Appleton Estate Railway Co. Ltd

                One month FREE spam protection at www.cloudmark.com

                Here are a few pic's from my new gravel pit diorama. I've tried a few new
                ideas for this one, such as painting everything in the shadowbox (except
                scenery and trains) black. This makes the small scene stand out, and it
                seems to float in the middle of nowhere. Looks rather good in person, don't
                know if it looks so good in the pic's.

                Kind regards

                Anders

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Bill Davis
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
                  Anders very nice are there more pictures. BILL