Progress on excavator

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      Message
      All:
      I have uploaded two new pictures of the progress on my excavator-project. One shows the primed excavator almost completely assembled and one the lorry that is going to pull the excavator and trailer. While the excavator was a brilliant kit, the lorry is far more problematic. 50% of the parts are only fit for the dust bin! Luckily wheels and major body parts are among the useable ones.

      I hope you can excuse my somewhat off-topic modelling in this forum! Once this project is done I'll promise to get into a more railway oriented selection of projects (in fact I have the ready!).

      I have attatched a photo as an appetizer.

    • Henrik Laurell
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        Message
        Hi Claus,

        Nice work! Don't bother about the subject, we could say the excavator is ment for a new railway yard..

        /Henrik Laurell, Sweden

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
          Message
          Claus,
          That is a very nice model. As a quarry fan I don't see it as an off topic model. After all we need support stuff too. I hope to see more pictures of it when it is completed. By the way who's kit did you build it from? Who made the lorry kit?
          Regards BILL DAVIS