Re: ballast

  • Charles Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
      Another posibility would be adding just a small random amount of a lighter
      color.

      Charles

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:48:28 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Gregory Wright <gregorywright2002@...>

      When I finished painting all the rail I had recently
      put down I thought nothing could be worse than that,
      but now I am slowly ballasting all of the track. I am
      using Woodland Scenics, dark brown, with dilute white
      glue. The color is just a little too brown for my
      liking, but I have never found a good way to tone it
      down once it is in place. Just straight paint would
      cover up the rails I worked so hard to paint and cover
      up my wood ties.

      Does anyone have an idea that might help me out?