ballast

  • Gregory Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2003
      When I finished painting all the rail I had recently
      put down I thought nothing could be worse than that,
      but now I am slowly ballasting all of the track. I am
      using Woodland Scenics, dark brown, with dilute white
      glue. The color is just a little too brown for my
      liking, but I have never found a good way to tone it
      down once it is in place. Just straight paint would
      cover up the rails I worked so hard to paint and cover
      up my wood ties.

      Does anyone have an idea that might help me out?

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Evan & Correne James
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
        I know this may not be what you are looking for, but simply waiting for the
        dust to settle on it could be all that is needed. You'll find it will
        lighten up very nicely.

        Evan

        on 30/6/03 10:48 AM, Gregory Wright at gregorywright2002@... wrote:

        > When I finished painting all the rail I had recently
        > put down I thought nothing could be worse than that,
        > but now I am slowly ballasting all of the track. I am
        > using Woodland Scenics, dark brown, with dilute white
        > glue. The color is just a little too brown for my
        > liking, but I have never found a good way to tone it
        > down once it is in place. Just straight paint would
        > cover up the rails I worked so hard to paint and cover
        > up my wood ties.
        >
        > Does anyone have an idea that might help me out?
      • Charles Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
          Another posibility would be adding just a small random amount of a lighter
          color.

          Charles

          Message: 1