The first train now departing.

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2003
      Gerrit
      Great to see progress when it looks like yours! I find the semi-open carriages very convincing - they look just what an early preservation society or tourist operation would knock down in a hurry to get traffic started - very good. Are they modelled on a prototype - or would you just make a great black smith at a tourist railway? I like the very steep sides of the banks on the photo with the red loco as well. Although such steep sides would probably have difficulties remaining so after a rainfall I feel the underline the primitve look of industrial narrow gauge. Your layout - is that going to be a two-sided affair with landscape on both sides?

      Are the figures 1:32 Preisers? How did you rebuild the Fleischmann diesel engine? It took me a while to recognise it.

      Nice to see some progress on layout/module building in this group as we see very little of that (apart from Paul Style's recent posting). Are we short of space for even small modules or... Please respond everyone.