GT-2

  • Paul Napier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Claus,

      I've always been interested in the narrow gauge style (as opposed to
      miniature scale locos) 15" - 381mm - or minimum gauge, whatever you choose
      to call it. As an experiment I'm dabbling in 1:24th scale which allows me
      to use HO gauge track and mechanisms. Far easier than 12mm which I have
      been using in 1:33.8 scale. Drive unit is a bogie with integral motor from
      a US diesel I had. It only fills about a quarter of the hopper so is
      covered with a small pile of dirt.

      One of my other 1:24th creations is an BMW Isetta railcar car based on one
      that operated in the UK although there was also one that operated in
      Germany.

      Paul

      By the way, nice to see Paul's GT-2. Paul: Why 381 mm. gauge? and what drive
      unit did you use?

      Build models and have fun!