Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Off topic might be interesting to military modelers.

  • Lee Snover
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2003
      Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Off topic might be interesting to military modelers. on 5/8/03 4:36 PM, field Bahn at fieldbahn@... wrote:

      Hi All and especially Claus

      After “surfing the net” for a few hours I stumbled on this “See attached”

      This vehicle is A Russian?     STZ-5      medium artillery tractor.

      I could not resist posting it here. Does it not look industrial or antique?
      Too bad there is no kits for it in our scale.    If I find the right the
      right parts this “Monster” .This“Monster”will find home on my peat railway.

      Now who is going to build this first?  Claus after he finishes his 150 plus
      projects?
      Or someone else?

      I want to hear everyone’s opinion.

      Best Wishes and except my apology for posting this here.

      Vlad

      Looks like and ideal "Bog Crawler" to me gang!  Post such anytime Vlad!

      Best,
      Lee
    • field Bahn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2003
        Hi Paul

        >Vlad,
        >
        >You could always build the German Steyr tracked tractor which
        >reportedly was built after the Germans saw the mobility the STZ type
        >of vehicle offered.

        Yea After I take a AK47 and shoot myself in the foot .No way in Hell that
        I�m Building an EX AXIS Vehicle .

        It is made by Italeri in 1/35 scale
        >unfortunately it looks much more modern as it was a product of the
        >mid 1940's unlike the STZ-5 which was based on a mid-1930s farm
        >tractor.

        First of All I�m modeling the modern era .So A Restored STZ-5 fight find a
        spot on the Small peat railway in north Germany.

        PS Paul Is That The Civilian modeler talking in you or the high-posited
        military official?

        Man I Could use a Gaz 69 in 1/35 Badly of my �own� personal RIDE !

        Best Vlad