SV: [FS32NGModelrail] Tipper wagons

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2003
      All:

      When comparing the price of the Lokführer-Lukas (LL) skip and the Scale Link (SL) skip it seems to me that the SL skip offer better value for money. The LL-skip is 18€ and the SL is 11,5£ (which means that they are almost equal in pricing)and despite the problems with the SL skip body's resin casting and the mounting of the axle boxes I find that the end result as far as looks concerns is way in favour of the Scale Link skip. The LL-skip seems to sit too high on it's wheels, the frame casting is somewhat heavy and the skip body is of the Rugga-type not normally seen in continental Europe (although a few Danish industries used the type). In fact the skip body bares a remarkable likeness to the Bantock/Lantz-skip - is it simply a cast of that product?

      I am not in a position to review this product and it isn't in any way my intention to sound like a patronising super scale model builder (which I am not)  but I find that what is written of the model is not entirely in line with what I see on the pictures on the site. It says that "Zum Nachbau des Modells wurden viele Bilder gemacht so das es nun alle Merkmale des Europäischen Typs hat.. Genau wie im Original sind beim Modell alle wichtigen Kennzeichen vorhanden..." I find that the product should be labled as a free lance-model of a skip as that is basically what it is.

      I have a lot of respect for those that tries to help more people to become active in modelling industrial railways in our scale(s). We need all the support we can get from the trade. More RTR-stuff means more readily access to our hobby for more people which can't be against anybody's interest, but a little more care is needed. Either in the praise for the product or in the research and production of it.

      I hope not to have offended anyone, and would like to hear others' opinions.