Bricks

  • Fackeldey, Herbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      So far, I just have build two brick buildings in 1:45 scale, but those were
      timber-framed, and I did cut out the brick portions between the timber from
      printed cardboard and from brick sheets made of extruded polystyrene (now
      produced by Noch). Talking of extruded polystyrene (or styrofoam, marketed
      under brand names such as "Roofmate" et al.), I remember seeing H0 buildings
      made of this material with the bricks scribed carefully with a pencil.
      For scribing polystyrene, I use a tool developed years ago by Dave Rowe
      which consist of two steel rulers mounted one over the other at an angle of
      90° on a piece of plywood. You simply push the material along one ruler and
      under the other, using the latter as a guide for the scribing tool. For
      scribing, I found it easiest to use a cheap cutter from the DIY store with
      the tip of the blade cut off.

      Best regards
      Herbert Fackeldey