1:32 scale Rye & Camber 2-4-0T "Camber" For Sale

  • Mike South
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      This is a 'Public Service' announcement and I have absolutely no
      financial interest in its outcome (although I do have to admit that I
      covet the model, which is sadly beyond my present financial means :-(

      Caboose Hobbies of Denver, Colorado, USA, are offering for sale (on
      consignment) a beautiful scratchbuilt brass 1:32 scale model to run on
      16.5 mm gauge ('HO'/'OO') track of Rye & Camber
      Tramway (England) Bagnall 2-4-0T locomotive "Camber". The model was
      built for American collector Mark Greybill (an associate of Caboose
      Hobbies) built by Paul Berntsen of New Zealand, who will be well
      familiar to readers of Roy Link's 'Narrow Gauge & Industrial Railway
      Modelling Review' and Wild Swan's 'Model Railway Journal'.

      http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/Description.cfm?sku=BC73544

      I can speak to the quality of the model, as I am now the lucky owner of
      an identical sister locomotive, built at the same time for that well
      known FS32NG 'provocateur' Ray Lantz (he of Southwold empire building
      fame :-) Mine has subsequently been reconfigured to run on On3 ( 3/4"
      or 19.05mm) gauge track.

      Another photo of the EXACT same model locomotive may be found at:-

      http://members.aol.com/abantock/fs32ngmr/camberG.JPG

      Best wishes,

      Mike South