Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Les chemins de fer militaires à voie de 60...

  • Michel Louis MASSOT
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2002
      Hello Claus

      thank you for your mail, for your Pechots platforms perhaps I can get some in the french GEMME association, we have a meeting the last saturdayof october
      Bye
      Michel----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 9:18 AM
      Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Les chemins de fer militaires à voie de 60...

      Michel, all:

      What a great book. Received mine yesterday and what a gold mine of great photos! I like the drawing as inspiration but I find them less usable as drawings to be used for building. No matter what, this book definately captures the charm (if that word can be used to describe a military undertaking) and ingenuity of the French military railways. I personally find the Crochat diesel electric a most interesting piece of equipment.

      The layout and production of this book is fabulous and I really like that railway books no longer has to be small books with tiny photos, but that we have grown into such a segment in the book market that we can sustain such productions (I suspect that military historians will carry their part of the burden?) This is one of the first French books I have bought that actually have left me with a strong inclination to start getting better at the French language. I think I'll manage without further French courses, but a new dictionary will certainly be needed.

      The book only makes me feel so much more sad that I didn't get to buy the 1:35 Pechot wagons before the dissapeared from the market. If any one should know where I could lay my hand on some unassembled kits or built wagons for that matter, please be so kind to contact me. Does anyone know if there are plans to relaunch the production? I will be forever hopefull!