Re: LEMAX Figures

  • Frank Savery
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hi Guys,
      I've been very much a lurker on this group, as I've been mainly working in
      Modelling minimum gauge railways in smaller (On15) and larger (Gn15) scales
      for which I run the Modelling Minimum Gauge group.

      Happily, I now may be able to make a positive contribution to this group.

      I'm sure you all know the LEMAX people who make the Christmas villages sold
      by shops such as Michaels. But, I wonder If you realise that their range of
      figures and accessories goes way beyond Christmas villages and that their
      figures generally measure out to around 56mm to 60mm tall - which with
      1/32nd scale being 10mm to the foot has got to be pretty close to 1/32nd.

      I'm not sure If Yahoo will let you se the pictures, but please try :
      and
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ModellingMinimumGauge/files/KIT_Changes%20/6

      to see what some of the figures look like with their bases removed and put
      in a railroad setting posed next to wagons made by or kitbashed from the
      SIDELINES range.

      If you can see these photos, I think you'll agree that they are pretty nice
      figures, AND, the best part ~ they cost between $1 and $1.50 US ~ which has
      got to be fantastic value. If Yahoo won't let you see the photos, I'll post
      them to the FS32 files - let's know.

      If you'd like to see more, there are a few websites you can visit.
      Unfortunately, no one website covers the full range, but by looking at them
      all you'll see about 97% of the range.

      http://www.dollhouses-trains-more.com/shoponline.asp?Departments=Lemax
      http://www.christmaseveryday.com.au/
      http://www.paulacollectibles.com/Lemax%20Home.htm

      I think you'll be amazed at the number of figures that can be adapted and/or
      repainted to fit in with a RR setting.
      You guys will know better than me how the figures sold for 1/32nd compare in
      size and bulk, but to my thinking If a standing male figure doesn't measure
      between about 56mm and 60mm then they have got to be underscale for 1/32nd.

      Cheers,
      Frank Savery,
      Brisbane,
      Australia
    • styles_paul
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2002
        Hi Frank, Everyone,
        I am afraid that Yahoo won't let me see the pictures but I have been
        collecting these figures every Christmas for the last few years and
        while they are not the best they are still very good and excelent
        value for money, particularily as they are diferent subjects from the
        figures usualy produced by the more serious railway/military
        suppliers. With no particular requirements I shall just cary on
        buying the best ones each time, we usualy get a choice of a diferent
        6 to 12 each year.

        Cheers,
        Paul S.
      • Frank Savery
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2002
          Hi Guys,
          I've posted those photos to the files.

          Paul, have a look at those websites, you'll be amazed at the variety
          available and at little more than $US1.00 each !!
          Cheers,
          Frank Savery

          > I am afraid that Yahoo won't let me see the pictures but I have been
          > collecting these figures every Christmas for the last few years and
          > while they are not the best they are still very good and excelent
          > value for money, particularily as they are diferent subjects from the
          > figures usualy produced by the more serious railway/military
          > suppliers. With no particular requirements I shall just cary on
          > buying the best ones each time, we usualy get a choice of a diferent
          > 6 to 12 each year.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Paul S.

        • Charles Hansen
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2002
            These are very interesting - could someone tell me who carries these in the
            US?

            Just back from the narrow gauge convention - there was one 3/8 n20 engine in
            the model contest. I'll check to see if I have a shot of it in the camera.

            Charles
          • ufffam@cox.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2002
              Michaels and Franks--the craft stores-- have the Lemax stuff around here.

              Bill Uffelman-- northern VA

              > From: "Charles Hansen" <velotrain@...>
              > Date: 2002/09/07 Sat PM 05:34:55 EDT
              > To: <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: LEMAX Figures
              >
              > These are very interesting - could someone tell me who carries these in the
              > US?
              >
              > Just back from the narrow gauge convention - there was one 3/8 n20 engine in
              > the model contest. I'll check to see if I have a shot of it in the camera.
              >
              > Charles
            • Frank Savery
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2002
                Hi Charles,
                Have a look at these websites.
                Two are American and one is Australian who ships to the US and whose US
                prices seem quite competitive.