Scrapbox loco

  • Scott Ziebell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2002
      Hello Group,
      It has been quite lately, so I've attached a picture of a loco I built
      out of scrap box parts. It started a month or so ago when I had a
      terrible cold and therefore I didn't want to do any serious modeling. It
      is freelanced. The fiction is that it is a home built contraption made
      in part from an old truck and crafty fabrication in the railway shops.
      It is built on the On30 Bachmann Trolley Car that I picked up cheap
      second hand. The power unit is slow running but loud! The radiator is
      from a 7mm scale Dick Kerr model made by S&D. The axle boxes are also
      utilized from the Dick Kerr kit as well as part of the hood (bonnet).
      The figure is a product from MK-35. I believe the muffler and seat come
      from a 1:24 model of a Model A. The fuel tank is two caps from hotel
      shampoo bottles taken in 2000 at the annual Narrow Gauge convention in
      St Louis USA. (I just knew they would come in handy). The bike on the
      fuel tank is the affordable but thick spoked Tamiya model. It is there
      presumably so the driver can ride it to get help when the loco breaks
      down! The rest of the construction is brass, plastic and wood.

      I am fairly new to this scale, 1:35 or 1:32, your choice :), so I have
      spent some time redeveloping skills and this little loco is the first
      locomotive that I am pleased with. The knobs for shifting and the link
      and pin boxes are a little chunky, but those I can replace.

      Also I am learning my digital camera, so sorry if the files are a little
      large.
      Scott Ziebell
      Wisconsin USA