Commander Series Models - German Tender Engine

  • stoney17111@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      Hello friends,

      As some of you might not be aware, Commander Series Models
      offers a 1/35 scale resin model of a German HF130C engine. I
      recently purchased one of the kits about six months ago. I am quite
      pleased with the detail. It comes with its own track bed display
      base which is guaged for 750mm. A number of these locomotives were
      built early in production to run on 600mm. (See "Heeresfeldbahnen:
      Bau und Einsatz der Militearischen Schmalspurbahnen in zwei
      Weltkriegen" by Alfred Bernd Gottwaldt).

      Unfortunately the superstructure is cast in two solid pieces of
      resin. I imagine a running model could be made using the kit but the
      amount of time involved would be better used for building one from
      scratch. This means that for most of us it could only be used as a
      static model. Still, I'm pleased with the kit and possibly, if I can
      find the time, I will build a working model. For those of you who
      are interested Great Models Webstore still carries some of the kits.
      The can be located at www.greatmodels.com.

      Sincerely,

      Mark Stonbraker