the puzzle

  • O&M Schouwstra & Van Barneveld
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000
      Yes Charley it is in France. Terry that you as an American can recognize
      the Gmeinder frame! And you are the only one who got the other answer
      right. The 'grille' is made of an old garden fence and the windows are
      old wrought iron factory windows. You can see that very clear when you
      study the second window in the vieuw.the text of the puzzle. Mario
      thankyou that you didn't reveal the secret, it is indeed the location of
      the first film in my Four Industrial Railways on the 60 cm gauge video.
      Happily Michel reacted , he did just what I wanted because I had
      forgotten the Comessa name.

      The foto was taken in 1978 when I was there to film this little
      industrial. The company has the name Henselmann et Fils. It is near a
      little village with the name Moulins, not far from Sarrebourg. Bernard
      Junk is living not far away from this place and wrote an article in Voie
      Etroite. His beatifull photo's are on the Appeva site. I will add two
      photos that can complete these pictures.

      Gmeinder of Germany is the designer of the model if this locoframe.
      Gmeinder licensed other manufacturers, for instance Ducroo & Brauns in
      Holland. So to see Comessa was also a licensee. Gmeinder supplied the
      gearbox, often diesels from the country of the licensee were used.

      The two new photos are taken on the same day in fall 1987.

      The questions are:

      1. Who must be, looking at the frame, the designer of this loco?
      2. Two minutes after these photos were taken the loco was hooked to a
      load. Who knows what load that was?

      I myself would be glad to know a bit more about this machine.

      Have fun!