Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Digest Number 417

  • Kevin Crosado
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2001
      on 09/10/01 2:11 am, FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com at
      FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > It is built on a Tenshodo motorbogie and is a model of a loco from the
      > danish manufacturer L. Nielsens Maskinfabrik (Nielsen's Machineshop)
      > that built app. 20-30 locos during the 1930-1940 period.

      Claus,

      That's what we call a Christian locomotive hereabouts. Very nice indeed. Is
      there any family relation to the prototype builder? Where did the tractor
      seat come from?
      Kevin Crosado
      De Selby Research
    • Claus Nielsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2001
        Kevin

        The family relation (if there are any) are very remote and unknown to
        me! I think Nielsen is the third og fourth most common surname in
        Denmark so I'm sure I'm not connected to all the Nielsens in the
        country. (Well, Denmark is sometimes more like a tribe than a nation
        state, so who knows...)

        The tractor seat is from some left-overs from a white metal tractor kit
        in 1:32 as are the exhaust. One of the things I would like from the
        people that will try their luck supplying us in 1:35/1:32 would be just
        tractor seats, exhausts, levers and other bits and pieces that would
        come in handy when scratchbuilding. I think that would be more
        profitable than doing full kits - but perhaps not as glorious. How are
        Von Strapp casting doing? Profitably business or ...

        Kevin you will have to explain the term 'Christian locomotive'. I can
        figure out that it is hardly related to religious matters...

        Regards Claus
      • Evan & Correne James
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2001
          Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Digest Number 417 Hi Claus
          Von Strapp can cast any bits and pieces you can throw at us. It will cost you the mould cost - about $20 NZ at present and then the casting cost plus postage after that - about $3.30 for small items. Our dollar is running at about 30 cents to the Euro at present.
          and 41 cents to the US dollar

          Evan