[FS32NGModelrail] Billard loco

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1 12:34 AM
      Dear group:

      I,just like Gerrit, had hoped I would someday have the chance to build
      the Billard. Not so much because I particularly liked the looks of it,
      more because it would be fun building a kit of a loco in 1:35 instead of
      scratch building. Now it seems too late. And yes: bankrupt and closure
      are very much part of the terms when you want to supply a small market
      with rarely sought after products. If Gerrit and I had bought earlier,
      who knows maybe the firm had survived? (Doubtfull of that, though). This
      all seems like a good reminder: always buy what you like when you have
      chance, don't wait! (that your work bench someday will be filled with
      unbuilt models will be an other problem - I have decided that I will not
      buy more items before my present stocks have been reduced by 50%).

      The idea of using this group's expert modellers to manufacture a
      loco-kit is a very charming one. If it is a good one remains to be
      seen... I for my part don't know wether I could have a function in such
      a cooperation (I'll wait and see) and in case I could, would I have the
      time? The time would be taken from my other modelling activities and
      although I would be flattered to be invited I have never dreamt of
      becoming a master-maker for kit production, I only try to become a
      better modeller and have fun (with the first priority being 'fun'). The
      time doing parts for the Billard would also put a stop on my other
      projects (the MUZ-4 and a large six-coupled diesel electric, modules
      and wooden skips).

      As the patterns or master for a Billard have been made once, it would be
      the most sensible way of working trying to accuire them. Only if they
      can not be found and accuired would it make sense to do new ones.
      (perhaps even some examples of the kit have suvived that could be
      bought?) And when new moulds and masters should be made why choose the
      Billard and not some other loco? In the end you will also have to settle
      a scale. What I found great was that the original kit was in 1:35 - are
      all in the project (see, now I already called it a project) building in
      that scale?

      This is not a signal that I would not be a taker of a reasonably priced
      resin kit of a 1:35 Billard, only a few pieces of advise. I hope to see
      a Billard after all!

      I had the pleasure to visit the french museums railway at Dompierre and
      they have several Billards (that's where I saw this type of loco the
      first time.) The locos there could easily be measured and photographed
      in great detail.

      This weekend I almost finished my 1:35 model of a danish Ford A-loco.
      Photos and a small text should be online in a few days.

      Regards - and good luck for those on the 'project'

      Claus
    • Ralph Brammer
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1 12:45 AM
        Hi Group
        My interest in the Billard was to learn a little more about continental locos, I have a  little experience of casting in resin,as do many others  some better than me.   Being long time retired I have been there, done that and got several Tee shirts!  From the begining I did not see this as a commercial venture but as a satisifying join venture. I am happy to let every body who is interested and has made an imput however large or small copies of the parts we produce

        I just thought it might be an interesting project with all the expertees out there, and a learning experience for me.

        Happy modelling   Ralph
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1 10:50 AM
          To the Group,

          Gerrit Van Roy wrote:

          > Bruno,Ralph,Scott,All ,When i first joined this group and went trough the
          > "mail-archives" (wich took me about 3 weeks !)i found out about this loco
          > and its manufacturer and assumed it would be availlable when i was ready
          > (and have the time ) to build one.Well it seems i thouhgt wrong... Come to
          > think of it ,why do people always develop an intrest in things when they are
          > no longer there? Annyway i am still interrested in such a loco,and also
          > willing to co-operate in "producing" a model ,but not on a commercially
          > basis. I am not shure tough i what way i could contribute in such a project
          > but the idea of an "inter-FS32MR-group-cooperation" seems fun ,and a
          > challenge.It seems to me that this loco is not that difficuld to
          > (scratch)build so if this cooperation 'fails' i could always build one for
          > myself.
          > Dos annybody have more information on this loco? pictures,web-adresses or
          > drawings? or nows magazines-books with such items? thanks in advance.
          >
          > Gerrit Van Roy
          > Antwerp/Belgium.
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail

        • Philippe COUSYN
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1 1:05 PM
            Scott, all,

            Bruno is completely right the 13 éme Dragon has rolled the curtain last year. This
            is the bad news. The good news is that the Billard and the Pechot range (depressed
            center platform, tank car, logging trucks) is still available on a limited basis
            directly to my friend and associate George Crosnier at
            interimmo.crosnier@.... Contact him for prices and availabality. Some new
            items will perhaps be release from time to time.
            Have fun

            Philippe Cousyn