My layout.

  • Van Roy Gerrit
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2001
      Fellows,Don,the size of my layout is 170cm x 85cm.Basicly it consist out
      of two modules (85cm x50cm)and a fiddle yard/return loop of 170cm
      x35cm.I plan to finnish this 'two modules layout ' completely and sqeeze
      in a thirth module in between,later on.I also will have to extend the
      fiddle yard by an equal board of 85cm x35cm.Sounds complicated no?The
      idea behind this is to have a layout asap but with the possibility to
      extend it as i go along. I also have a single turnout on the left
      module.For now this will serve as a very simple 'station' ,in fact this
      is just leavin the door open for a possible extension (on regular
      modules ) Then again this may well never be build ,time will tell. The
      best part is still to come tough, the legs under this construction are
      salvaged from an discontinued Hoe project, time and money saved! In
      fact,i can still use this underframe for an other project(in any scale)
      i only need to build the modules the same size as this ones.As you can
      see in the pictures i put small wheels (like from an office chair) under
      the legs, this allows me to pull the layout out of its corner and place
      it in the middle of the garage.
      Unlike most other people in this group i am not aiming for a pure
      industrial layout (i just dont like factorys) but a more touristical
      operation. I think this will give me more freedom in building the layout
      and the rolling stock.In my original plan i placed the layout in the
      south west of France in the Tarn region and i think i will stick with
      that.I have the book by Sarah Whright (Oakwood Press) on the subject
      wich gives me all the information i need.
      On the left module, the trains will ride in the middle of the street. I
      need to build a couple of houses there to give the impression of a
      town.On the right module there is a small hill and the tracks are in an
      incline .There is (or will be) a wooden bridge over this incline, this
      will also camouflage the "hole"in the backround.
      I will try to make a nice (pencil) drawing of all of this so you guys
      can see better what i mean.

      Best regards

      Gerrit Van Roy