Re: [FS32NGModelrail] FW: [ModellingMinimumGauge] On18 Shay

  • Gregory Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2001
      Hey Eric

      Little Shays are great, I built my 20" gauge Shay in
      1:32 using a MDC HO scale Shay kit. I love running it
      on my tram line from mine to mill. An article with a
      picture of the Shay is in the Gazzette, May June 2000.

      The trucks are small, but with some overhang by the
      running boards and an interesting superstructure, I
      don't think it is very obvious.

      I use scratch built wooden ore cars and a kitbashed
      Gilpin style car. I bought a Grandt Line Gilpin Ore
      car kit and put it on Hon3 trucks for a backbround
      model on my 1:32 scale railroad for porced
      perspective. That is preety close to the On18 you are
      talking about.

      Greg Wright

      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/5198/bushmill.html

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/