SV: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: O&K steam loco 1/35.

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
      Hi Gerrit.

      Try some of Otto's rivets or use streched sprue from plastic kits, cut them
      in thin slices. As long as they are small enough no one will notice that
      they are not 'true rivet-shaped'.

      When ever I need real rivet-shaped rivets I slaughter an old tank kit and
      simply 'shave' them of and reglue them on the model. As a matter of fact,
      some times I buy kits only for the rivets. You can buy rivets, but often it
      is much cheaper to buy an old kit eg. in a toy store.

      If you are prepared to spend some money you can also buy punch-and-die sets
      that can make both rivets and hexagonal bolt heads.

      I'm glad to hear that you finally received your detail set. I would consider
      it a very long time spent waiting. As far as I remember you wrote that you
      ordered the set iin early spring - isn't that so? I thought the European
      Union and the internal market was designed to deal with those things...

      Very hot weather these days in Copenhagen - 25-26 degrees Celsius - but
      nice!

      regards Claus
    • Philippe COUSYN
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
        Fellows,

        There's some nice rivets available in the Grandt Line Range. I've three size on
        hand, round head (conical head also available) ref 153(.032"), 154 (.043"), 156
        (.063"). Those are relatively cheap and useful for plastic model construction.
        Of great help also, there's a wing nut assortment ref 162. Try Coronado Scale
        models in Phoenix or Caboose Hobbies in USA. In europe some military kits
        dealers, like Historex Agent's in Folkestone UK, have those items on hand.

        Philippe Cousyn