O&K steam loco 1/35.

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2001
      Gerrit and all.

      Nice to see another Magic Train-loco making the transformation into
      1:35-scale. I am looking forward to see the loco complete with weathering,
      last details etc.

      I cannot help but comment on the rivets. In my humble opinion they seem
      pretty large and placed rather untypical (at least on the coal boxes). Don't
      take this as a statement of "I do not like your loco" but as a friendly
      remark. We all need advice as to how to make our models progress.

      Hope to see more from your work table Gerrit - I especially liked your
      ambulance van which is simply great.

      Regards Claus

      > ----------

    • Gerrit Van Roy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
        --- In FS32NGModelrail@y..., Claus Nielsen <clni@a...> wrote:
        > Gerrit and all.
        >
        > Nice to see another Magic Train-loco making the transformation into
        > 1:35-scale. I am looking forward to see the loco complete with
        weathering,
        > last details etc.

        Thanks for your comments and your support with this projekt,Claus. I
        finally recieved the detail parts and i am currentley reading
        articles (in magazines and on the net )about painting, wheathering
        and fine-detailing of mainly military modelling.I will try these
        techniques out on some old models before i use them on the O&K (and
        others models that will follow)I post some pictures as soon as i get
        there.
        Ps: I really would like to see some work from the "new" members.

        > I cannot help but comment on the rivets. In my humble opinion they
        seem
        > pretty large and placed rather untypical (at least on the coal
        boxes).

        Pretty large? I got these from a set to superdetail aircraft (in
        1/72!)from , i believe ,Hasegawa.And i used only the smallest ones!
        But you are right,they are to big for this scale.It seems that
        military modellers use tiny drops of cyano glue (the gel type)or
        paint. I will try that out to.

        Don't
        > take this as a statement of "I do not like your loco" but as a
        friendly
        > remark.

        No offence taken.

        We all need advice as to how to make our models progress.
        Once again your are right,Claus.

        > Hope to see more from your work table Gerrit -
        You will ,but in time.

        I especially liked your
        > ambulance van which is simply great.

        Thank you, in the latest issue of Voie Libre is an article about
        this very same ambulance van, build by Eric Fresne in 1/43.
        Imagine my surprise when i first saw this.

        Best regards

        Gerrit Van Roy

        > > ----------

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • O&M Schouwstra & Van Barneveld
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
          Hai Gerrit,

          You can get very fine brass rivets from Fohrmann in Germany and also from Old
          Pullmann in Switzerland. If you want I will send you some samples.

          Otto Schouwstra

        • Michel MASSOT
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
            What are the diameter of the brass rivets head
            I get rivets from l'Octant with 0.6 mm head but some time it is too much bigger
            Michel

          • Stan Zdonick
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
              Michel,

              I have used eyes for dolls as rivets. They come in all sorts of sizes.

              Stan Z.

              At 02:49 PM 7/5/01 +0200, you wrote:
              >What are the diameter of the brass rivets head
              >I get rivets from l'Octant with 0.6 mm head but some time it is too much
              >bigger
            • Van Roy Gerrit
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001

                O&M Schouwstra & Van Barneveld schreef:

                 Hai Gerrit,

                You can get very fine brass rivets from Fohrmann in Germany and also from Old
                Pullmann in Switzerland. If you want I will send you some samples.

                  Hi Otto, yes i would like to see those rivets please! Never heard from Fohrmann though, do they have some more interresting  stuff? I so ,why not make a folder in the files section about this subjekt, name it "parts and things" and put all the info you have in there( saves you the trouble answering the same questions over and over again) and if anybody nows about other detail sets ,parts and so on they can drop it in this folder to.

                Ps: 32 degrees Celcius in Antwerp today , and enyoing it ....as long as its lasts.

                Best regards

                Gerrit Van Roy
                Europalaan 87
                2620 Hemiksem
                Antwerpen

                Otto Schouwstra

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 10, 2001
                  Hello Michel,

                  From Fohrmann you can get rivets with head diameters 0,3 mm; 0,4 mm; 0,5 mm; 0,6
                  mm; 0,8 mm and 1,3 mm. The shanks are less of course.

                  Fohrmann is much the same as l'Octant. l'Octant is very good, also very good
                  service. But they seem not to have such fine rivets.

                  Fohrmann Werkzeuge, Gebirgdorfer Str. 17, 02828 Goerlitz, BRD. They have a
                  catalogue in German, French and English..

                  Otto.