SV: [FS32NGModelrail] 030 loco

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2001
      All:

      Well, Gregory, Gerrit and Charley already said most of what I could ever
      possibly want to say about scratch building and having a railway based on H0
      mechanisms. I will only add that although the locos may not be completely
      true-to-life models, this is only one aspect of modelling. Other things
      means as much to me as scale, I only mention operation, fun, personal
      satisfaction, making plans, researching new models, making a history for
      one's model company and perhaps dreaming of the large layout (that for most
      people never materializes).

      Apart from that, I would of course like to see more (almost) ready to run
      true 1:35 locos and stock (and especially ones that are within my economical
      reach, how unrealistically that wish may be).

      To make the concept of r-t-r locos more economically viable, a producer
      should choose to model a loco that was turned out in their thousands as a
      standard product. To mention but a few:

      A contractors four coupled steam loco (could be O&K or Henschel)

      Small diesel (could be a standard O&K or Diema (perhaps even a modern Schöma
      would sell?)

      Standard german skip.

      I would applaude Arnoud for getting all this into a very simple frame: use
      an old O&K catalouge and start making the same things - only 35 times
      smaller - great concept that would probably sell well, keeping prices down
      and allowing me to buy as well!

      ... and Gregory don't feel bad when writing long messages - we are quite a
      few others that like long and well formulated messages - if not for other
      reasons than that we write them ourselves (long at least!)