Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Drawings and Photos wanted

  • ScaleLinkDG@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 30, 2001
      Further to Franck's request for drawings, ScaleLink is always interested to
      receive drawings/photos of locomotives or rolling stock that we can add to
      the existing range.

      After much delay (due to problems with the supplier of brass parts), the
      Péchot is ready and a built-up pre-production model should be on display at
      Paris (Salon de la Maquette, 7-16 April). The ScaleLink stand will be
      opposite Jouef/Lima, so easy to find.

      A further locomotive is planned for the Autumn (to be launched at
      Expométrique, November), but after that, who knows? If the members of this
      e-group have a particular idea about which locos and wagons should be
      available, please let me know, or contact Scalelink directly:
      info@... (www.scalelink.co.uk).

      Cheers,

      Joseph
    • Michel MASSOT
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
        Somes ideas :after the PECHOT
        for french peoples a DECAUVILLE 040T or 030T in british notation Withe wooden
        tippers by example
        but 262T Baldwin and Pershing Rolling stocks Seen to be interesting

      • ScaleLinkDG@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
          Dans un courrier daté du 02/04/01 11:49:12 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
          massot@... a écrit :

          << Somes ideas :after the PECHOT
          for french peoples a DECAUVILLE 040T or 030T in british notation Withe wooden
          tippers by example
          but 262T Baldwin and Pershing Rolling stocks Seen to be interesting

          The orginal programme set out by ScaleLink for the WW1 series was for a
          Baldwin to be the fourth loco produced (after the Hunslet, the Simplex and
          the Péchot). There is now another French locomotive planned for this year
          (Expométrique), with the Baldwin perhaps next year.

          We have often been asked to produce a Decauville and I think that this is
          very likely to happen. It would be a very useful model not only to military
          modellers but there were so many of them used in French industrial and
          agricultural sites. And still plenty of real ones preserved to measure,
          photograph, etc.

          There is a good article on a Decauville 030T (060T in British Whyte notation)
          in this month's RMF. One possibility would be to make a more "basic" model of
          this than the existing ScaleLink products, i.e. instead of a complete kit
          requiring the builder to assemble the chassis, just a body kit to go on a
          suitable commercially available HO chassis. What do you all think of this?

          Also at ScaleLink, we have somewhere the artwork (for etched brass) of a
          rather cute little tram locomotive. This could probably be done in 1:32 (or
          9mm/ft) at quite low cost if there are enough of you interested. This perhaps
          more suited to metre-gauge (O Gauge chassis). Are any of the group modelling
          at 1:32 scale with 32mm track?

          Cheers,

          Joseph
        • Michel MASSOT
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
            thanks for your very interesting message
            michel

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
              Thanks for your interesting message. But I am curious, if it is not secret: what
              is the planned french locomotive for Expométrique The used of a HO chassis is a
              good idea for a Decauville but at this scale I think that you must prepare a
              tanskit to have correct cylindar and valve distribution.
              Sincerely
              Michel MASSOT

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
                Dans un courrier daté du 02/04/01 17:37:25 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
                massot@... a écrit :

                << Thanks for your interesting message. But I am curious, if it is not
                secret: what
                is the planned french locomotive for Expométrique The used of a HO chassis
                is a
                good idea for a Decauville but at this scale I think that you must prepare a
                tanskit to have correct cylindar and valve distribution. >>

                I do not know if, at this stage, I am allowed to tell you what the new French
                locomotive will be. I will ask the boss when I see him in Paris later this
                week. Perhaps we will see you at the Salon de la Maquette.

                It is the cylinders and valve gear that most people find hard to assemble.
                Hence the desire to use a commercial HO chassis. If we can not find one that
                is suitable, then we might just as well do the whole chassis as part of the
                kit. Allows one to put in better gearing for extra-slow running as well.

                On the tram loco, which has skirts, one can cheat and leave the valve gear
                out altogether if not too fussy.

                Cheers,

                Joseph
              • Van Roy Gerrit
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001

                  massot@... a écrit :

[...]

                    Hi Joseph and Michel, very interresting discussion you fellows are having, i do like the idea of a body kit for a SMALL steam loco ( i am sorry Joseph , the Hunslet is just to big and the Péchot to exotic for me ) I have this Italian Rivarossi 3axes shunter loco (wheeldiameter :18mm ,dimensions over axes: 24.5mm ) that would go under a Decaueville loco body kit.For those who seek more "hifinesse " a true scale chassis kit would come in handy, not to mention choice of motor and decoder.Why not start a poll in this group about this subject? You would have some ideas about the number of people that are interrested and are willing to order something.

                  Best regards

                  Gerrit Van Roy    Antwerpen

                  Community email addresses:
                    Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
                    Subscribe:    FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com

                  Shortcut URL to this page:
                    http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail

                • Evan & Correne James
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
                    Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Drawings and Photos wanted Yes, the New Zealand 9 mm modellers . There are also a few popping up in Australia, modelling their 3ft 6in gauge railways.

                    Evan

                    From: Van Roy Gerrit <gvr1@...>
                    Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:18:22 +0200
                    To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Drawings and Photos wanted

                    Also at ScaleLink, we have somewhere the artwork (for etched brass) of a
                    rather cute little tram locomotive. This could probably be done in 1:32 (or
                    9mm/ft) at quite low cost if there are enough of you interested. This perhaps
                    more suited to metre-gauge (O Gauge chassis). Are any of the group modelling
                    at 1:32 scale with 32mm track?
                    /> .

                  • Evan & Correne James
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
                      Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Drawings and Photos wanted Hi
                      I forwarded the message to the New Zealand 9mm modellers site, you could have a few takers for the  tram loco.  Could you give me a few more details so we can visualise the finished produce, also a rough idea of what the price could be.

                      Thanks

                      Evan

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 3, 2001
                          Dans un courrier daté du 02/04/01 23:35:39 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
                          bce@... a écrit :

                          << Hi
                          I forwarded the message to the New Zealand 9mm modellers site, you could
                          have a few takers for the tram loco. Could you give me a few more details
                          so we can visualise the finished produce, also a rough idea of what the
                          price could be.

                          Thanks

                          Evan >>

                          Hi, Evan,

                          Thanks for the response.

                          How much the tram loco costs depends so much on the number of takers and the
                          way that we go about it. The original project, which was for Oe (or O/16.5 if
                          you prefer) was just the body sides and roof. It was left to the builder to
                          provide the chassis and also the boiler/chimney etc - not a problem in Oe
                          where you could butcher a cheap OO or HO loco body to provide the necessary
                          parts.

                          If we were to do the same in 1:32, the body kit would probably come out at
                          around £45, based on a fairly small number produced.

                          But I think that, in the larger scale, it would probably be better to provide
                          the boiler etc. as a resin moulding, the cab floor and various other details,
                          which would push the price up to around £90, always for the same small series.

                          Chassis? The Prussian T3 from ex-Billerbahn would be OK if currently
                          available. If not fussy about valve gear (well hidden under the skirts) any
                          old motor bogie would do. Otherwise, an etched nickel-silver chassis, wheels,
                          motor etc. would add quite a lot more to the price according to the choice of
                          motor. If using a Mashima, we might keep it down to another £50 or so.
                          Depends how much of the chassis components we can integrate onto the same
                          fret as the bodysides.

                          All food for thought but will not have much time over the next fortnight as
                          in Paris for the ten-day exhibition.

                          Cheers,

                          Joseph
                        • Paul Styles
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 3, 2001
                            Hi Joseph,
                            I would like to be able to get the WDLR "A class" wagon and some of the French
                            wagons would be interesting, but really any of the WW1 equipment would probably
                            go down quit well, the Hudson 0-6-0 WT seems to be a fairly generic industrial
                            type as well. Unless it is really close to the prototype chassis (and
                            convertible to 3/4" gauge) I probably would not use an RTR chassis. Perhaps some
                            axlebox/spring castings of various types would also be useful.
                          • Sigitas Jautakis
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 3, 2001
                              Dear Sirs,

                              I am collector of information about narrow-gauges from Lithuania, and would
                              like to set up contacts for correspondence with interesants from Poland,
                              Austria and Germany. From my side, I can offer interesting material about
                              Lithuanian narrow-gauges (photos, draws, maps, info) for exchange.
                              Looking forward to hear from You.
                              Sincerely,

                              Sigitas Jautakis
                              home address: Dukstu 10-39, Vilnius 2010, Lithuania
                              e-mail sigitas.jautakis@...

                              > I would like to be able to get the WDLR "A class" wagon and some of the
                              French
                              > wagons would be interesting, but really any of the WW1 equipment would
                              probably
                              > go down quit well, the Hudson 0-6-0 WT seems to be a fairly generic
                              industrial
                              > type as well. Unless it is really close to the prototype chassis (and
                              > convertible to 3/4" gauge) I probably would not use an RTR chassis.
                              Perhaps some
                              > axlebox/spring castings of various types would also be useful.
                              >

                              > Community email addresses:
                              > Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
                              > Subscribe: FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com
                              >
                              > Shortcut URL to this page:
                              > http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail

                            • Arnoud Bongaards
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 4, 2001
                                Guy's

                                To me it seems that the availability of simple standard items such as
                                "U" steel truckframes, 4 holed wheels in different sizes, simple
                                "Koppel style" axleboxes, buffers etc. would help a lot when scratch
                                building typical industrial ng stock in 1:32 scale. For PW work
                                steel sleepers and scale fishplates would be nice.. The things you
                                find in Koppel or Decauville catalogs..
                                BTW the scale link tippers are very nice.

                                Mind you that standard british (tipper)trucks and other typical ng
                                items can be very different from the stuff used overhere in
                                Holland, France, Germany etc.. For example the (excelent) 0 14 Roy
                                Link tippers are real british and where -to my knowledge- never
                                used overhere.

                                I would buy any type O&K dieselloco, a round bonnet RUSTON (shipped
                                to Europe after WW2) or a DIEMA diesel. Wooden tipper wagons were
                                very much in use here, would make a great kit. I would love an
                                O&K or Henschell 50 HP contractors steamloco...even only a body kit
                                would be great..Complexx makes very nice DEUTZ dieselloco's and
                                trucks but i can't pay them...

                                There are kits for the english market but not much (payable) typical
                                industrial ng stuff for us overhere on the european mainland, please
                                correct me if i'm wrong. I like the WW1 locos and stock very much
                                though and this is great stuff when modeling a French ng railway
                                for example.
                                I'm thinking of building a WW1 diorama, situated in France for our
                                little museum.
                                Unlike France and England, in Holland or Germany these type of locos
                                and wagons were not (or in any case very rarely) used for industrial
                                work after WW1.

                                Groeten,

                                Arnoud Bongaards - Amsterdam