New dieselloco in Harskamp

  • Arnoud/Caty
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2001
      Guy's

      Last thursday a new diesel arrived at our Decauville Railway Museum depot. It is german built DIEMA
      type DS30/1 (37,5 hp) of 1955. The loco is pretty much in an "as new" state. The DIEMA was renovated in the early nineties and after that been in use for only a month or so.  Last saturday the loco was cleaned and oiled and engine checked. After 10 years of disuse the battery was pretty dead so we tried to start the loco by pulling her with an other loco. The whole affair was pretty tricky cause there was some serious snowing going on!  After 3 tries (and a lot  of rail-sanding!)  the engine started and the loco ran perfectly! The DIEMA is a great addition to our small  fleet of diesels.  BTW, a DIEMA loco would be a great and pretty simple model.

      Some atmospheric shots included.

      Groeten,

      Arnoud Bongaards - Amsterdam
    • Evan & Correne James
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2001
        You can shove that sort of weather. My Siberian Husky would love it, but
        I will stick to northern NZ where we only see that sort of snow in
        pictures.

        Cheers
        Evan

        Arnoud/Caty wrote:

        > Guy's
        >
        > Last thursday a new diesel arrived at our Decauville Railway Museum
        > depot. It is german built DIEMA
        > type DS30/1 (37,5 hp) of 1955. The loco is pretty much in an "as new"
        > state. The DIEMA was renovated in the early nineties and after that
        > been in use for only a month or so.  Last saturday the loco was
        > cleaned and oiled and engine checked. After 10 years of disuse the
        > battery was pretty dead so we tried to start the loco by pulling her
        > with an other loco. The whole affair was pretty tricky cause there was
        > some serious snowing going on!  After 3 tries (and a lot  of
        > rail-sanding!)  the engine started and the loco ran perfectly! The
        > DIEMA is a great addition to our small  fleet of diesels.  BTW, a
        > DIEMA loco would be a great and pretty simple model.
        >
        > Some atmospheric shots included.
        >
        > Groeten,
        >
        > Arnoud Bongaards - Amsterdam
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >

        > www. .com
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        >   Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
        >   Subscribe:    FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        >   http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail
        >
        > Name: diemarailssneeuw bos.jpg
        > Part 1.2 Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
        > Encoding: base64
        >
        > Name: diemarailssneeuw bos achteraanz..jpg
        > Part 1.3 Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
        > Encoding: base64
      • Mario Bernkopf
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
          Arnoud,

          You surprise me again and again! Maybe I should throw out my model RR
          stuff and put a 1:1 scale skip into my layout instead (not much more
          space available). These winter pictures are wonderful.

          Regards... Mario

          > Arnoud/Caty schrieb:
          >
          > Guy's
          >
          > Last thursday a new diesel arrived at our Decauville Railway Museum
          > depot. It is german built DIEMA
          > type DS30/1 (37,5 hp) of 1955. The loco is pretty much in an "as new"
          > state. The DIEMA was renovated in the early nineties and after that
          > been in use for only a month or so.  Last saturday the loco was
          > cleaned and oiled and engine checked. After 10 years of disuse the
          > battery was pretty dead so we tried to start the loco by pulling her
          > with an other loco. The whole affair was pretty tricky cause there was
          > some serious snowing going on!  After 3 tries (and a lot  of
          > rail-sanding!)  the engine started and the loco ran perfectly! The
          > DIEMA is a great addition to our small  fleet of diesels.  BTW, a
          > DIEMA loco would be a great and pretty simple model.
          >
          > Some atmospheric shots included.
          >
          > Groeten,
          >
          > Arnoud Bongaards - Amsterdam
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          >

          > www. .com
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          >   Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
          >   Subscribe:    FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          >   http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail
          >
          > Name: diemarailssneeuw bos.jpg
          > diemarailssneeuw bos.jpg Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
          > Encoding: base64
          >
          > Name: diemarailssneeuw bos
          > achteraanz..jpg
          > diemarailssneeuw bos achteraanz..jpg Type: JPEG Image
          > (image/jpeg)
          > Encoding: base64
        • Arnoud Bongaards
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
            --- In FS32NGModelrail@y..., Evan & Correne James <bce@x> wrote:
            > You can shove that sort of weather. My Siberian Husky would love
            it, but> I will stick to northern NZ where we only see that sort of
            snow in pictures.

            Evan,

            Allthough we are pretty northern we usually only see this kind of
            snow in pictures too! Global warming...???? Seems like maybe 10 years
            ago since we had "this much" snow. Was lucky it was saturday, being
            in the right place on the right time...made some 80 "little teains in
            snow" fotos...

            Groeten,

            Arnoud
          • Arnoud Bongaards
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
              --- In FS32NGModelrail@y..., Mario Bernkopf <mario.bernkopf@r...>
              wrote:
              > Arnoud,
              >
              > You surprise me again and again! Maybe I should throw out my model
              RR
              > stuff and put a 1:1 scale skip into my layout instead (not much more
              > space available). These winter pictures are wonderful.

              Mario,

              Thanks.

              Skip on your lay-out...would have to make a pretty sturdy frame there
              Mario! Maybe if you are quick..there is still some ng stuff "on the
              market" certainly in Germany! Maybe a little lay-out IN a skip would
              be nice....hmmmm....

              Groeten,

              Arnoud