Festiniog Guards van

  • Paul Styles
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi Folks,
      I have recently finished building my first real item of roling stock, the FR
      guards van, chosen only as I had a drawing in a copy of NGIRM Review and you
      can't see the wheels so I could use some I already had but were the wrong size.
      Unfortunatly the one drawing is all the information I have, I don't even know
      what colour to paint it ?. A friend has sugested that the little shelter was
      added later, but it is seriously small, the guard would not be able to stand
      upright in it and would have to enter facing in the direction he intended to be
      hunched up in as there does not seem to be enough room to turn round.
      Having got this far I rather fancy building some of the matching low slung
      coaches to go with it ( I have still got plenty of wrong wheels) does any one
      know of any reasonable drawings ? perhaps in earlier copies of the NGIRM Review
      ?

      Paul S.

      (See attached file: Gvan1.jpg)(See attached file: Gvan2.jpg)
    • Evan & Correne James
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        Well done - nice looking model

        Evan

        Paul Styles wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        > I have recently finished building my first real item of roling stock,
        > the FR
        > guards van, chosen only as I had a drawing in a copy of NGIRM Review
      • Mario Bernkopf
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
          Hi Paul,

          Excellent models! I especially like those tapered handrail stanchions.

          Mario

          Paul Styles schrieb:

          > Hi Folks,
          > I have recently finished building my first real item of roling stock, the FR
          > guards van, chosen only as I had a drawing in a copy of NGIRM Review and you
          > can't see the wheels so I could use some I already had but were the wrong size.
          > Unfortunatly the one drawing is all the information I have, I don't even know
          > what colour to paint it ?. A friend has sugested that the little shelter was
          > added later, but it is seriously small, the guard would not be able to stand
          > upright in it and would have to enter facing in the direction he intended to be
          > hunched up in as there does not seem to be enough room to turn round.
          > Having got this far I rather fancy building some of the matching low slung
          > coaches to go with it ( I have still got plenty of wrong wheels) does any one
          > know of any reasonable drawings ? perhaps in earlier copies of the NGIRM Review
          > ?
          >
          > Paul S.
          >
          > (See attached file: Gvan1.jpg)(See attached file: Gvan2.jpg)
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail

          > Name: Gvan1.jpg
          > Gvan1.jpg Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
          > Encoding: base64
          >
          > Name: Gvan2.jpg
          > Gvan2.jpg Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
          > Encoding: base64
        • O&M Schouwstra & Van Barneveld
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
            Nice model Paul! Otto.

            Paul Styles schreef:

            > Hi Folks,
            > I have recently finished building my first real item of roling stock, the FR
            > guards van, chosen only as I had a drawing in a copy of NGIRM Review and you
            > can't see the wheels so I could use some I already had but were the wrong size.
            > Unfortunatly the one drawing is all the information I have, I don't even know
            > what colour to paint it ?. A friend has sugested that the little shelter was
            > added later, but it is seriously small, the guard would not be able to stand
            > upright in it and would have to enter facing in the direction he intended to be
            > hunched up in as there does not seem to be enough room to turn round.
            > Having got this far I rather fancy building some of the matching low slung
            > coaches to go with it ( I have still got plenty of wrong wheels) does any one
            > know of any reasonable drawings ? perhaps in earlier copies of the NGIRM Review
            > ?
            >
            > Paul S.
            >
            > (See attached file: Gvan1.jpg)(See attached file: Gvan2.jpg)
            >

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com
            > Subscribe: FS32NGModelrail-subscribe@onelist.com
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.onelist.com/community/FS32NGModelrail

            > Name: Gvan1.jpg
            > Gvan1.jpg Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
            > Encoding: base64
            >
            > Name: Gvan2.jpg
            > Gvan2.jpg Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
            > Encoding: base64
          • Paul Styles
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
              Hi Mario,
              Thanks.
              I wanted to make the handrails with the ball on top in one piece for structural
              reasons so it was probably easier to make tapered ones that looked about right
              than try to produce parallel ones in a "long" bendy piece of bar. :-)

              Paul S.

              Mario Bernkopf <mario.bernkopf@...> on 01/02/2001 10:49:52

              Please respond to FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com

              To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com