New member

  • tavernier franck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2001

      Hi guy’s,

      First, happy New Year everyone, and a prosperous modeling 2001.

      I am a new member of this group.

      I attach to this mail, some other photos of my Deutz OMZ 117, in 1/35 scale

      .

      I have built also a Gmeinder 15/18 HP, but sorry, there are no photos for the moment.

      These models are scratches built. They did not cost me a lot of money, but a lot of time, about 1-year for the Gmeinder and 3 years for the Deutz. (I built 2 Deutz in the same time! Yes I am crazy…).

      I have bought only the wheels from Ultra scale and the Faulhaber motor gear head 2020D. All the different parts were scratch built with brass and phosphorous bronze sheet.

      They are now painted, but I am not satisfied! I dislike the peeling paint effect! The rust blotches and spots, are too big, and important…more, the blotches and spots are not enough realist in their form. I am now trying some new technique to do realistic rust effects. I will repaint the Deutz and the Gmeinder next time…

      I will send new photos when the models will be painted!

      If you interested to see the Deutz and the gmeinder on the layout built for Expometrique with my friend Philippe COUSYN, try these addresses:

      Expometrique 1 -

      http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293327761 photos 8 to 19 and 66
      Expometrique 2 -
      http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293327763 photos 2, 115, 149 to 151

      Best regards

      Franck TAVERNIER

    • fieldbahn
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2003
        Hello Everyone
        I'm new here well sort of I been coming to this website for quite
        some time have been looking for the inspiration for modeling
        industrial narrow gauge in Gauges from 600mm to 500mm primarily.

        I have been inspired by MR Claus Nielsen's articles witch have been
        published on this website.
        I was just wondering if anyone has pictures of a Schöma CDL 10 or
        a similar loco, also would a tenshodo spud with a 24.5mm wheelbase
        would be right for that type of loco.

        Best Regards and thank you for the help.
        Vlad