Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Engine

  • Evan & Correne James
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2001
      Why not have a bit of fun and throw in fully worked 350 Chevvy out of a
      hot rod kit complete with chrome rocker covers and headers. You'll be
      surprised how many smiles you will get.
      On a more serious note, have a look at military kits - quite a few come
      complete with motors. Firms such as Dragon also make resin motors for
      those wishing to details their kits. Do a search under military
      modelling - you'll be surprised at what you will find.

      Cheers
      Evan

      Tim&Jeanie Stolle wrote:

      > I'm looking for a 1:32 scale small engine (as in car's motor) that I can use
      > to simulate the power plant in a light diesel cane mill locomotive. Any
      > hints or tips will be warmly welcomed. I've looked at a few web sites
      > showing ERTL toys and so far haven't come up with anything satisfactory.
      >
      > Tim Stolle

    • Charley Lix
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2001
        Tim , Fellows ..

        ----------
        >From: "Tim&Jeanie Stolle" <tjstolle@...>

        >I'm looking for a 1:32 scale small engine

        The Gaz AA truck kit {1:35th} I have has a nice engine in it .. some of the
        Revell "O" scale {1:48 } truck kits have motors in them as well ..the
        Kenworth has a motor ..

        Have Fun - Charley , G.R.G / MaB
      • RL1962@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2001
          Tim,
          The Tamya 1/35th scale Jeep kit has a very nice flat head four cylinder
          engine, and the kit isn't too expensive either.  Also most of the Piro kits
          of old have engines and are still available, albeit through auction sites.

          Ray
        • Gregory Wright
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2001
            Try Lindberg Models for 1:32 scale 1930's vintage
            automobile kits. They were produced in the late
            1980's. The 1932 Plymouth convertible has a full
            engine as part of the kit. Hard to find but worth it.

            --- Tim&Jeanie Stolle <tjstolle@...> wrote:
            > I'm looking for a 1:32 scale small engine (as in
            > car's motor) that I can use
            > to simulate the power plant in a light diesel cane
            > mill locomotive. Any
            > hints or tips will be warmly welcomed. I've looked
            > at a few web sites
            > showing ERTL toys and so far haven't come up with
            > anything satisfactory.
            >
            > Tim Stolle
            >

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: FS32NGModelrail@onelist.com