Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Digest Number 220

  • Kevin Crosado
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
      on 01/12/00 11:55 pm, FS32NGModelrail@egroups.com at
      FS32NGModelrail@egroups.com wrote:

      > I've only seen it as Oberursel - they also made rotary engines in WWI for
      > German aircraft.
      >
      > There are detail photos of the Deutz clone (they were built in 4-wheel and
      > 6-wheel models) in Charles S. Small's 2' Rails to the Front. From the side
      > view of the engine compartment, this can't be the original engine - no-one
      > made anything that small in that time period. The Deutz motor is a giant
      > single cylinder affair.
      >
      > I've also posted a scan of another Oberursel loco to Kevin's folder in the
      > shared files - no idea where I got the pic from, it was back in the days
      > when lots were saved, but no notes kept.

      Peter,

      Thanks for the information and the pic. It's a very handsome machine. The
      Oberursler spelling appears in Manfred Hohn's book Waldbahnen in Osterreich
      (pub. Josef Otto Slezak, Wien; ISBN 3-900134-68-5), a marvellous book (every
      home should have one, if only for the drawings of O&K diesels -- wasn't
      someone threatening a kit for one of these once upon a time?).

      He uses the spelling in connection with a locomotive on the Waldbahn
      Reichraming on pages 53 and 103. The page references are to the 1980 edition
      -- I believe a revised edition has come out since. Of course, given my
      extremely poor command of German it's entirely possible that I'm missing
      some subtlety in the language.
      Kevin Crosado
      De Selby Research
    • Per Møller Nielsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
        If anyone did not know, we have the remains of one Oberursel i
        Hedehusene DK, HVB.

        It is in rather bad shape, but we dont have any specific plans for
        rebuilding it, since its not that valueable to the common trafik here.

        About OberursEL and OberursLER I believe that the first, is the name
        of the town/vilage, and the second, means from that particular place.

        ( I might get spanked from our German members if I am wrong.)

        By the way; Its december, and I have made af 1:32 model NG-railway in
        winter snow, to balance out my wife's christmas dekorations.
        (she still outnumbers me, but its a start.-)) )
        The Layout i only Ø 500 mm, with one cirkel of Ng 9 mm track for my
        1:32 peobles modelrailway, approx. 1:3 in 1:32.

        I Will send pics as soon as possible.

        Best regard Per