Railroad Model Craftsman demise

  • smileysteam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2014
      Hi,FYI.
      I lifted this from the Canadian Modellers group, where someone had lifted it from the On30 group:

      Enclosed is the Carstens Publishing posting from On30 group.

      My fellow On30 modelers,

      As many of you are aware, Carstens Publications closed its doors Friday @ 5PM est. The business climate was such that the long time publisher of Railroad Model Craftsman, Railfan & Railroad, Flying Models, The On30 Annual, HOn3 Annual and numerous hobby books could not continue.

      The Carstens family is engaged in active negotiations with several firms whose intent is to acquire select assets and fulfill the remaining subscriptions. So if you are a subscriber to any of those publications, and I know many of you are; you are not getting screwed. You will get what you paid for in time, and RMC, Railfan and likely Flying Models will continue in some form into the future.

      Which brings me to the On30 & HOn3 Annuals. While the details of how they move forward are dependent on which firm acquires the assets, I can assure you that both publications WILL continue. I started working on the On30 Annual in 2005 with the intent to grow, promote and serve the On30 community and I'm not done: Not by a long shot!

      I am grateful for the almost 8 years I spent at Carstens and all the friends I made while working with them. And while I appreciate all the Carstens did for the Annuals and for me personally, those with a sense of history know that this isn't the first horse to be shot out from under me. As any westerner will tell you, you grab your saddle and bedroll and jog over to a new horse, and that is what I am doing. Just as soon as I am saddled up and riding, I'll let everyone know!

      Thanks for all your support over the years and I look forward to serving you for many years to come.

      All the best,

      Chris Lane - Editor On30 Annual

      chrislaneon30@... mailto:chrislaneon30@... www.on30annual.com Welcome to Carstens 2014 On30 Annual - Narrow Gauge Model Railroading for All http://www.on30annual.com/

      http://www.on30annual.com/

      Welcome to Carstens 2014 On30 Annual - Narrow Gau... http://www.on30annual.com/ Great On30 narrow gauge model railroading ideas for everyone!

      Subsequent postings revealed the existence of a free online downloadable US MRR:
      www.model-railroad-hobbyist.com
      I haven't spent a lot of time but there seems to be a lot of info in the 2 issues i have downloaded.
      Hope this is of interest
      Regards
      Ron