More Zombie figures from MAIM

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2014
      Hi folks,
      Fields of Glory carry some great new Zombie Figures that have real potential for 1.35 railways.
      https://au-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=ffasetf3jncf5#1693031819

      There is a farmer, a cop, a young woman and jogger figures. These are very nicely detailed. The farmer in particular will make a great mechanic.

      Most can be used with minimal alteration. R
      Reposition arms & legs and you've got some great civilians.

      cheers

      Geoff Potter
    • Simon
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 24, 2014
        Hi
        assume these are the figures
        http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/epages/es112712.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=7219&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=zombie

        I had a problem with other link
        Nice, but a bit pricey for me. The new Masterbox zombie figures possibly offer more options, as easier to modify.

        SOW a Seed

        Save
        Our
        World

        GREEN not GREED

        Simon Dawson

        http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

        To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24, 2014
          Nice found, Geoff, but 12,63 euro (plus posting costs) for just one unpainted figure belongs to my dreams area. :-)

          Daniel

          Op zondag 24 augustus 10:40 2014 schreef "Simon rue_d_etropal@... [FS32NGModelrail]" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com> het volgende:

          To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 24, 2014
            Hi
            Trouble is price is typical of that for single military figures in this scale, which is why I prefer the plastic kits. Some of my WW1 WDLR figures are composed of parts from several figures. Only way to get a seated figure for 20hp Simplex unless I carve one myself.

            SOW a Seed

            Save
            Our
            World

            GREEN not GREED

            Simon Dawson

            http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
          • Geoff Potter
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 24, 2014
              Daniel and Simon,
              yes, I agree they are beyond the price range of many. I will probably get one of the farmer zombies. I can people background scenes with less detailed plastic figures, and buy one or two really detailed "movie star" figures for foreground use. I have purchased the WW2 Spiv figure sold by Fields of Glory just for this reason.

              The farmer zombie as a mechanic in a really detailed workshop scene, close to the viewer would be very effective. Detailed models close to the viewer suggest to them that everything is equally as detailed on a layout, at least that is the thinking. We spend a lot on our locomotives and rolling stock, the occasional more pricey figure purchase may be worth considering????

              cheers
              Geoff
              PS Hi Daniel, nice to hear from you, you have been quiet lately and have been missed!

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 24, 2014
                Sure. Most of them would be excellent bashing projects.

                B.t.w., the zombi butcher makes me recall a beautiful, very important historic statue here in Amsterdam:

                http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Dokwerker#mediaviewer/Bestand:De_Dokwerker.jpg

                Daniel

                Op zondag 24 augustus 13:12 2014 schreef "Geoff Potter potgeoff@... [FS32NGModelrail]" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com> het volgende: