LKM Ns2f

  • bsnoodyk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2014

    Hi Team

    thought you might like to know that I have just completed basic fabrication of 6 LKM Ns2f's to 35th scale running on 16.5mm track gauge.  Both the open cab and closed cab format are available.

    These models are all  individually hand made in brass with resin & brass detail castings.  Cab interiors are fully detailed.  Nickel silver wheels to RP25 profile with scale flanges.  A choice of different light fittings to individual choice is also possible.

    as you will see from the photos the models are at this stage prime painted only to give individual purchasers a choice of colour and weathering to their specific choice.  As per my standard practice each loco will be custom painted and weathered to fine detail, representing a specific prototype locomotive.

    the loco's are fitted with 180rpm gearhead motors and a cross helical final drive for super slow speed operation and scale maximum speed.  Models are available either as standard 12v DC or fitted with the TrainworxOz on-board battery powered radio control.  the TrainworxOz RC versions have the charger plug and isolation switch located under the opening hatch in the bonnet.

    anyone who would like more details and consider placing an order is welcome to contact me at themodelworks@....

    enjoy

    BernardS

  • Brian Rumary
    Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2014
      Very nice.

      I've seen a lot of these little locos in eastern Germany over the years. However I don't think I have ever seen one with those huge, "soup plate" headlights! Are they prototypical?
      --
      Brian Rumary
      England
      Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2014

      Bryan

      yes, the "soup plate" headlight was in fact a standard fitment at on stage in the production period.

      attached photo confirms this.

      BernardS

    • gaz410
      Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2014
        Bernard:
        A very fine loco! It ranks as my favourite among DDR-built locos. Unfortunately it doesn't fit easily in my 1950's Danish theme.

        I'm sure there will be some interest and hope this fine, little lot of locos will be sold out quickly. Looking forward to seeing them running on peoples' layouts.

        Best regards

        Claus, Copenhagen
      • Paul
        Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2014
          Claus,

          It arrived in Denmark when a guy tunneling out of East Germany using a
          tunnel railway to remove spoil dug his tunnel a little too far to the west
          :<)

          Paul

          1c. Re: LKM Ns2f [9 Attachments]
          Posted by: clausoggitte@... gaz410
          Date: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:08 am ((PDT))

          Bernard:
          A very fine loco! It ranks as my favourite among DDR-built locos.
          Unfortunately it doesn't fit easily in my 1950's Danish theme.

          I'm sure there will be some interest and hope this fine, little lot of
          locos will be sold out quickly. Looking forward to seeing them running on
          peoples' layouts.

          Best regards

          Claus, Copenhagen

          Messages in this topic (4)

          Yahoo Groups Links

        • gaz410
          Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2014
            Paul
            I can't believe why I haven't heard that story before? Should have been making headlines. I guess it was covered in secrecy here in Europe, only to be know on the other side of the Globe.

            And a really good looking loco it is.

            Message 7 of 7 , Jul 31, 2014
              I think he's having you on !