Blitz kit, new WW1 models in 1/35

  • henrik laurell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2014

      August issue of Voie Libre just arrived. In the news section there is an announcement about Blitz kit planning to release several new WW1 train models in 1/35 scale. Next year also supposedly.. also complete decauville pechot wagons ...

      Seems like most manufactors suddenly awaken cause of the 100 year event of WW1.. !   Great news for us all.

      the site is http://blitz-kit.fr/ but so far I found not much about it there, let's hope they update soon.

      /Henrik

      Sent from my Transformer Prime.

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2014

        This is the beginning of four years of the 100th anniversary of World War One.

        Be prepared to see everything with a WW1 theme for the next four years.

        There will be WW1 party items. WW1 cakes. WW1 clothing, WW1 toilet paper, etc. etc.

        If someone can make a buck tagging the term WW1 onto it he or she will.

        In the USA there is already a new TV show on WW1 that will start in August. There will be many more WW1 movies and TV programs. Probably even a WW1 continuing soap opera.

        Fortunately for model builders there will be many more model kits on WW1. Something to look forward to.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2014
        Here is  a page from Voil Libre with some of the things Blitz Kit have

        The locotractor at the bottom of the page is from another maker of models U-model
        But it's a Jung and not a Deutz as mentioned in the text

        Cheers
        Hans Hammarsten

        Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2014
          Henrik,
          I woke up early to the centenary of WW1, and got my 3D printed models designed and available this year.
          Still waiting for Voie Libre, notice they have mention of the Bachmann OO9 on their blog . I fear some of these manufactures have woken up too late. Hopefully I am wrong. What is really required are some plastic kits for non fighting machines, ie horse drawn wagons, lorries. These will still have a lot of interest after the centenary has passed.

          SOW a Seed

          Save
          Our
          World

          GREEN not GREED

          Simon Dawson

          http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

        • gaz410
          Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23, 2014
            Group:
            Thanks a lot for the info provided. Thanks in particular to Hans for the scan of the Voie Libre news.

            It is not surprising to see a 1:35 model of the Campagne loco from the French Army. It is a charming and very different prototype. The Pechot and Decauville stock from the artillery railways have also been a favourite modelling subject of mine and the launch of this line of models may get me to continue modelling French military railways. The provision of French steel sleepers for 16,5 mm gauge also looks promising.

            Back in 2009 I scratchbuilt a Campagne loco to fit my collection of Pechot wagons. You are free to check the images on https://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157600638413896/ For those of you who has some command of Danish there is a small article here as well: http://www.mj-blog.dk/2009/06/et-fransk-militaerlokomotiv-i-135/

            And although Voie Libre is a nice magazine with some talented authors it is for me a bit too 'relaxed' on some matters. The scan reminds me why I stopped buying. How can one mistake a Jung for a Deutz? Even without the rather obvious spelling out of 'Jung' on the front, there isn't much room for mistake.

            Looking forward to more WWI stuff - I see news of that most ugly and interesting French CA-1 tank coming out as a plastic injection kit - would look good in a trench diorama with a piece of track.

          • Simon
            Message 6 of 6 , Jul 23, 2014
              Claus,
              Nice photos. What surprises me about this loco has been difficulty in getting hold of a decent drawing showing loco as built for military use. I have found some drawings online and had started designing a model for 3D printing, but it has been put to one side while I work on other projects.
              As for professionalism of Voie Libre, it should be remembered that it like other railway magazines is run by enthusiastic amateurs not trained professional historians. That is not a critisism just a reflection on reality. By the same token, those who grumble about quality and lack of variety of articles in railway magazines should offer something themselves, not expect other to always write the articles. I have observed the hobby from many sides, and each view has taught me a lot. For me Voie Libre steer a pretty good middle road between serious rivet counting and fun modelling, and it is helping me with my French.

              SOW a Seed

              Save
              Our
              World