Danish Road Vehicles

  • gaz410
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22 1:32 AM

      Hi all

      Since I finished my gas generator loco I have been having fun with two road vehicles. I have built a little scooter and a car not much larger – the Simca 5. Both kits will help set the era of Nystrup Gravel in the early fifties. Currently on my workbench is a model of a very early internal combustion engine locomotive – from 1908. I have begun sketches on the basis of measurements and photos, but despite a preserved upper body I still haven’t all details figured out. The build will go ahead despite that.

      You can see the scooter here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/05/cushman-scooter-visits-nystrup.html

      …and the little Simca here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/05/blue-simca.html

    • Geoff Potter
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22 2:32 AM
        Claus,

        lovely work on the Cushman Scooter and the Simca. The right vehicles do so much to enhance scenes,
        cheers
        Geoff
        On Thursday, 22 May 2014 6:32 PM, "clausoggitte@... [FS32NGModelrail]" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi all
        Since I finished my gas generator loco I have been having fun with two road vehicles. I have built a little scooter and a car not much larger – the Simca 5. Both kits will help set the era of Nystrup Gravel in the early fifties. Currently on my workbench is a model of a very early internal combustion engine locomotive – from 1908. I have begun sketches on the basis of measurements and photos, but despite a preserved upper body I still haven’t all details figured out. The build will go ahead despite that.

      • Ernst Pfeffer
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22 8:00 AM
          Hi Claus,

          as being an eager follower of your blog, I must say I am very courious what loco it is you are building at the moment. When will you write about it ? Looking forward to reading about it. The Simca is lovely, no doubt.

          After the Holzgas-Schoema you should buy one of the lovelies HF 50s of "engineer", would fit very well your gravel railway...

          Regards,
          Ernst

          Message 4 of 5 , May 22 4:03 PM

            Claus,

            In Australia we had the Simca Aronde. Not sure if there were others.

            Your Simca looks a bit like the Citroen 2CV.

            Lovely modelling.

            Rod Hutchinson
            Australia

            On May 22, 2014 6:32 PM, "clausoggitte@... [FS32NGModelrail]" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Hi all

            Since I finished my gas generator loco I have been having fun with two road vehicles. I have built a little scooter and a car not much larger – the Simca 5. Both kits will help set the era of Nystrup Gravel in the early fifties. Currently on my workbench is a model of a very early internal combustion engine locomotive – from 1908. I have begun sketches on the basis of measurements and photos, but despite a preserved upper body I still haven’t all details figured out. The build will go ahead despite that.

            You can see the scooter here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/05/cushman-scooter-visits-nystrup.html

            …and the little Simca here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/05/blue-simca.html

          • rd_etropal
            Message 5 of 5 , May 28 5:37 AM
              That Simca is a very nice model. The one I built has seen some wartime wear and tear. I presume it is the Tamiya one, as Bronco have now brought out Fiat versions(near enough identical) with both hard and soft tops, as well as a small delivery van. I have the kits, ready for next 40s era layout. The Bronco ones also come with nice civilian figures, and I think have engine detail. .