Finished 1:35 3D-printed gas generat or Schöma

  • gaz410
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
      All:
      I have finished the work on my first 3D-printed model, a 1:35 gas generator Schöma. You can see the result on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/04/gas-generator-loco-in-service-at.html

      I would certainly take the chance again with a 3D-printed model. My next projects are not printed though, they are etched, cast and injection moulded.

      Best regards

      Claus, Copenhagen

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
          Claus, that is a fine model. It really is amazing what technology can do for model building. I have several nice 3D models and welcome the help with "finishing" my layout within my lifetime!

          Woodie
          All: I have finished the work on my first 3D-printed model, a 1:35 gas generator Schöma. You can see the result on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/04/gas-generator-loco-in-service-at.html I would certainly take the chance again with a 3D-printed model. My next projects are not printed though, they are etched, cast and injection moulded. Best regards Claus, Copenhagen
        • Rod Hutchinson

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
              The only problem with using 3D printing, is weight, to build loco’s using it you need to try and add weight some where in the model, or it won’t be able to pull without getting major wheel slip.

              Brian
              Qld. Aust.

              Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 6:57 AM

              Fantastic model.  It will encourage me to try the world of 3D printing.

              An iron with a baker lite handle.  When I was little we had radios made from baker lite and inside were lots of valves; no transistor in those days.

              Rod in Oz

              On Apr 5, 2014 5:32 AM, <clausoggitte@...> wrote:

              All:
              I have finished the work on my first 3D-printed model, a 1:35 gas generator Schöma. You can see the result on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2014/04/gas-generator-loco-in-service-at.html

              I would certainly take the chance again with a 3D-printed model. My next projects are not printed though, they are etched, cast and injection moulded.

              Best regards

              Claus, Copenhagen

              No virus found in this message.

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
                Claus,
                Have you been saving your penny’s?, next week I start building your Denmark Fowler.

                Brian
                Qld. Aust.

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014

                  For us in HOn30 it is an ongoing saga.

                  Rod

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
                    I thought you were going over to 1/35, or do you like punishment?

                    Brian
                    Qld. Aust.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
                      I sometimes wonder myself.  I am dabbling in 7mm but remain impressed with 1:35

                      Rod

                      Rod Hutchinson
                      Growing Old Disgracefully
                      Mooroolbark, Australia

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
                        Just bite the bullet Rod, and sell off all that teeny weeny stuff, before you go blind.

                        Brian
                        Qld. Aust.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 5, 2014
                          Very nice model, Claus :-) I hope my one will become nearly as nice as yours...
                          Ernst

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 5, 2014
                            Claus, it looks great !!

                            Specially the metal kinda dark grey with yellow labels, really sticks out.

                            Henrik

                            regards

                            /Henrik Laurell - http://henrik.laurell.nu/