More 3D printed WW1 locos and rollingstock available.

  • rd_etropal
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2014
      Just made more locos and rolling stock available for 3D printing from Shapeways. Still have another couple of locos to finish. I have just had first exhibition using this 3D printed stock. Weight is main issue, but found less a problem when fitted non finescale wheels.
       I am also working on a range of inserts for Peco points and track. The first test samples are excellent, and I believe the basic 3D material is the best for this. Certainly stronger than styrene I have tried myself. When painted/stained there is also less risk of rub off showing.
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2014
        ????,
        Well yes hmmmmmmmmm ok and who are you?? and what products are you referring to? or is that a secret?

        Brian
        Qld. Aust.

        Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:12 AM
        Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] More 3D printed WW1 locos and rollingstock available.

        Just made more locos and rolling stock available for 3D printing from Shapeways. Still have another couple of locos to finish. I have just had first exhibition using this 3D printed stock. Weight is main issue, but found less a problem when fitted non finescale wheels.
        I am also working on a range of inserts for Peco points and track. The first test samples are excellent, and I believe the basic 3D material is the best for this. Certainly stronger than styrene I have tried myself. When painted/stained there is also less risk of rub off showing.

        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2014
          Yes, I was wondering that also. Is there a link? Perspiring minds need to know.

          Woodie
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2014
            There is a link via my website www.rue-d-etropal.com, or directly http://www.shapeways.com/shops/recreation21, I tend to forget direct link so use my homepage
          • Brian
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 22, 2014
              Yes,
              And how do we know who you are,  by not signing your emails, aside from being rude and bad mannered, for all we know you could be some kind of spammer?

              Brian
              Qld. Aust.

              Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:49 PM

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 22, 2014
                Trouble with old style Yahoo forums is they don't have a lot of the features found on other types of forum, such as signatures, and home website links. Not being rude, possibly forgetful, and some here know me from other forums. One reason I use common alias name as its my artwork name, and anyone using various forums will recognise me.
                Simon
              • Jacq Damen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 22, 2014
                  Please check some info before accusing someone.

                  Interesting WW I material on Shapeways................
                  Jacq
                • rd_etropal
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 22, 2014
                    thanks , I initially designed models for my own use.
                    One big advantage of companies such as Shapeways is that it is easier to then offer same models to others, at no extra cost to me. I have had to teach myself how to use the CAD program, but once mastered it is not too difficult to use. I love the challenge of trying a new design and am working on some metre gauge stuff at the moment.  Started with 1/32 on 32mm track, but switching to smaller scale because of cost of some models. I want to tackle some of the classic French railcars.
                    Simon
                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 22, 2014
                      Simon,
                      If you use Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live you set it up to have a signature on everything you send out, see below on every email I send.

                      Brian
                      Qld. Aust.

                      Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:28 AM