Cheap lighting at Post Xmas sales

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2014
      Hi folks,
      today at a bargain shop on the NSW Central Coast I found a cheap lighting solution.
      Big strings of 3volt LED lights are on offer, but for my microlayout needs they are a bit excessive.

      On a bargain table I found strings of 20 lights with a battery box (2 x AA's) normally $39 now $10. They are Premier decorations brand table runners. The runners themselves are 140 x 28cm. Simply remove the fabric (dead easy) and there you have a nice white string of lights.The battery box has an off/on switch, and is quite solid.
      They must be on special across the Homeart store chain. Here is their ebay listing at the same price.

      With $8.00 postage AU the cost of the lights creeps up if you need them posted. If you are in Australia it might be worth seeking out the stores in person.

      I bought 5 sets, and may get a few more to stash away.
      cheers
      Geoff Potter
      Wamberal NSW Australia