35th scale skips

  • bsnoodyk
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 18, 2013

      Hi guys

      quick "heads up" to let you know that Mark Hesketh is now shipping the new skip kits.

      pre-orders have gone out and good stock levels for each of the 2 options.

      fully built & painted format will also be available on specific order.  Contact Mark for more details.

      have a wonderful, family Christmas and a prosperous 2014 with many happy model building hours.

      BernardS

    • ianj_ng_modeller
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 18, 2013

        Hi Bernard,

        Are you able to provide Marks contact details please ?

        Thanks

        Ian J

      • Angela Ogden
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 19, 2013

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 24, 2013
            Merry Xmas to everyone, and for those that are interested, I have posted 3 photos of one of the xmas presents I made for myself, well at least the first of many, I first machined a aluminium template so I can make as many as I want to.
            I got my inspiration from watching this video:

            the points are quite simple in design, there is no left or right-hand version, they a simply a ‘Y’ which is set at 6 degrees, and all of the tapers are 6 degrees.

            Now you fella’s are going to love what else I am building for myself for xmas, however you are going to have to wait, I will build them over the next week or so, and I will post a series of photos of the progressive construction.

            Brian
            Qld. Aust.

          • mrbungalow01
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 24, 2013

              Brian

              Happy Holidays to you and yours!

              Nice job on that single blade turnout, while working on my industrial type turnouts I was thinking of the same concept! now I want to make mine work more than ever. Thanks the You tube inspirations

              Gil

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 24, 2013
                Gil,
                I have posted a diagram, for the points, just follow the instructions on the diagram to print it out at the correct size, if you  are using Windows then open the diagram in Windows Paint, that will be the easiest way to get it right, print it onto an A4 page.
                Ignore the other diagram, for some reason despite having deleted it about 20 times, good old yahoo won’t delete it.

                Brian
                Qld. Aust.

                Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:21 AM
                Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] RE: Single Blade Narrow Gauge Points

                Brian

                Happy Holidays to you and yours!

                Nice job on that single blade turnout, while working on my industrial type turnouts I was thinking of the same concept! now I want to make mine work more than ever. Thanks the You tube inspirations

                Gil

                No virus found in this message.

              • mrbungalow01
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 24, 2013

                  Hey Thanks I'll try it out, send you a picture when I get er done

                  Gil

                • Brian
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 3, 2014
                    Well what did that fat fella with the white beard bring you all this year?,
                    despite him having all year to design and build me what I wanted, in the end I just had to do all the design work, etching and then start building, I have all but finished the first one with the parts already made for the second.
                    The model is 1/35 scale of the Fowler Diesel Mechanical loco as built by Fowler of Leeds England from about 1932, they also built standard gauge models of this type of loco, however this model is a 2ft. gauge version, I can remember one of these 0-4-0’s running around Sarina a from Plane Creek mill, it use to be stationed down on the Turner’s Paddock/ Home Line which originally was a separate cane tramway which ran to the Queensland Railway line at Koumala south of Sarina Queensland Australia, they also built 0-6-0 versions.
                    Other then the headlights exhaust pipe and air breather and caps the entire model is fully etched, there are 44 individual etched parts.

                    Brian
                    Qld. Aust.

                    Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 10:46 AM

                      Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 10:46 AM

                      Hey Thanks I'll try it out, send you a picture when I get er done
                      Gil
                      No virus found in this message.

                    • gaz410
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 13, 2014
                        Brian
                        It looks like a really nice loco you are building. Is it a home made etch or have you built or adapted a commercial offering? I really like the low slung design - a bit like a huge engine with a cab added as an afterthought. Looks really powerful!

                        I'm sure you'll be posting a photo when the Fowler is painted?

                      • Brian
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 14, 2014
                          With regards to the Fowler loco, I was just wondering fella’s, are any you you fella’s interested in having such a loco, the photos I posted of the first model I built that loco isn’t entirely correct I had to alter it to fit onto a Bachmann chassis, however I have since redesigned the artwork so it is correct and so it has it’s own special built drive system, which will allow it to run at a scale 15mph [without load]
                          I can build them as a ready to run unit and paint it to what colour you want as well as add a nameplate to each side of the cab or bonnet, these loco’s will have a full working suspension so you can run it on any bad track you wish and it should handle it, also because of how I have designed the drive system, most of the area inside the engine canopy is clear so you could add radio control and batteries if that’s what floats your boat.
                          Price should be around AUD$500 each.

                          Brian
                          Qld. Aust.

                        • Brian
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 16, 2014
                            In addition to what I said the other day regarding these Fowler loco models
                            I will list some of the features:
                            Full brass construction,
                            Working suspension,
                            All wheel bearings and jack shaft will be mounted via ball race bearings,
                            Working front and rear lights, and dash board illuminated,
                            4 wheel electrical pick-up.

                            Brian
                            Qld. Aust.