Minimum Gauge Classic book available online

  • gauge18rr
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2013
      Well, Golly,
      I have to credit Chris Walker with an excellent find on the web.
      It is none other than a book I have always been interested in reading.
      It forms a basis for much of my theory on how I too would like to build a railway (but I chose a size three inches wider than proposed in this book). And here it is for free with photos and all the text digitized.

      Minimum Gauge Railways:
      THEIR APPLICATION, CONSTRUCTION, AND WORKING
      By Sir Arthur Heywood, August 1894.

      And the link is here. Thanks for sharing it Chris!
      http://www.gutenberg.org/files/44341/44341-h/44341-h.htm

      Regards,
      O. Anderson
      groups.yahoo.com/group/18inch
    • Vincent Bradley
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2013
        I am not quite understanding how to search for this book.  The link doesn't bring me to it, just the general page.
        Vincent

        Vincent Bradley

        On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM, gauge18rr <gauge18rr@...> wrote:

        Well, Golly,
        I have to credit Chris Walker with an excellent find on the web.
        It is none other than a book I have always been interested in reading.
        It forms a basis for much of my theory on how I too would like to build a railway (but I chose a size three inches wider than proposed in this book). And here it is for free with photos and all the text digitized.

        Minimum Gauge Railways:
        THEIR APPLICATION, CONSTRUCTION, AND WORKING
        By Sir Arthur Heywood, August 1894.

        And the link is here. Thanks for sharing it Chris!
        http://www.gutenberg.org/files/44341/44341-h/44341-h.htm

        Regards,
        O. Anderson
        groups.yahoo.com/group/18inch