New British style freight wagons on Shapeways

  • tebee2
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2013
      Some time ago I had a couple of requests to do some on the wagons I do in smaller scales in 1:32. Well I've finally got round to doing them.

      They have Kadee compatible coupler pockets designed for the newer HO whisker couplers - please note, depending on what wheels you use they will probably end up somewhat higher than the standard HO height, more like the On3 standard. I do intend to make some chopper couplings to fit in the same box at some point in the future.

      The are not highly detailed, but are the nearest you are likely to  get to ready to run in this scale .

      Because of their size they do end up a little expensive - if I could get bulk orders together I could do them about 25% less for European customers.

      Tom
    • Hans Hammarsten
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2013
        Hi!
        There where some realy nice ones there, and i realy love the little Decauville steam loco

        Cheers
        Hans Hammarsten

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 24, 2013

           I've been asked to explain how the discount would work .

          Shapeways charges by  volume of material used, but gives a 50% discount after the first 20 cm3.

          The open wagons are between 10-18 cm3 each so if we say an average of 13 cm3.

          If we order 2 wagons at a time we pay for 20 at full price  + 6 at half price = 11% discount

          If we order 4 wagons at a time we pay for 20 at full price  + 32 at half price = 30% discount

          If we order 10 wagons at a time we pay for 20 at full price  + 110 at half price = 42% discount

          Wagons can be mixed but that takes more setting up

          All figure are somewhat approximate

          Tom

          ---In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

[...]

        • lenelg

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 27, 2013
              They are not designed with specific chassis in mind, though they are designed with as much space as possible, to allow the maximum number of possibilities.

              Several reasons for this, continued availability of chassis seems to be a major problem these days, different people in different parts of the world  will find various chassis easy or harder to obtain and finally, I'm   slowly developing my own range of chassis - these will be 3-d printed and screw together.

              I expect it to be at least a year though before I have my own ready for sale as I haven't really  got the capital I need to invest in developing them yet, so they are being funded  by my sales which, unfortunately, also have to feed me and my dog.

              So what can you use in the meantime ? The cheap Hornby 0-4-0t will fit, though it is not one of my favorite chassis. I  hope to introduce some better cylinders and motion  to fit it soon.

              A better solution is probably the chassis from the Bachmann 0-4-2ST Porter although the cast metal block may need cutting to fit. One option I intend to try is the Fleischmann 'Black Anna' 0-4-0T converted to a 0-4-2T

              I'm not well enough acquainted with the various German BR80 0-6-0T chassis, but I suspect some of these would work for the larger locos.  The Bachmann US 0-6-0 is another possibility.

              Tom

              --
            • rd_etropal