A little progress

  • gaz410
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2013
      Hi all
      While celebrating the good news of 1:35 scale skips I have been doing a little modelling. After having built the large tracked tractor I did some minor work on the crawler tractor that took over when 'Stalin' could no longer be kept in running order. See the little Ransomes tractor on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/10/nystrups-last-crawler-tractor.html

      I have also started bending brass for the bogie wagons and expect to make progress during the coming week. Right now I'm considering if I should do the wagons without sides, as they wouldn't be needed for carrying sacks.

      Had the pleasure to be on 4 days of train watching with a few good friends in southeastern Germany. It is good to see that narrow gauge is being taken good care of - and actually providing work in a unemployment ridden region. See a brief note of what I saw: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/10/750-mm-gauge-in-southern-germany.html

    • Brian Rumary
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2013
        On 20/10/2013 20:59, clausoggitte@... wrote:
        > Had the pleasure to be on 4 days of train watching with a few good
        > friends in southeastern Germany. It is good to see that narrow gauge
        > is being taken good care of - and actually providing work in a
        > unemployment ridden region. See a brief note of what I saw:
        > http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/10/750-mm-gauge-in-southern-germany.html

        Nice to see that they still have the big digging machines preserved at
        "Ferropolis", but I understand the associated Braun-Kohle railway museum
        that used to be part of this site has closed and all the locos
        sold/scrapped.

        --
        Brian Rumary
        England