RE: the Skips will be ready in late November

  • gaz410
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 9, 2013
      Hi all
      By mistake I managed to send a message to the group to Nick Ogden. Had a nice answer from Nick, but really wanted to share my enthusiasm. I am usually not one to use big words, but the news of 1:35 skips really deserves a 'brilliant news'!

      Having been into 1:35 for more than a decade and sorely missing a well detailed continental skip in that scale this is great news. I'm looking forward to retire all my rebuilt Scale Link skips and relegate my Slaters Ruggas to reserve duty. Of course I will have to aquire more than 20 new skips, build, paint and assemble them (which will last some time) but I'm sure it will be worth while. And there is a nice brake skip as well.

      And being able to look forward to a steady stream of well detailed kits in 1:35 from the global partnership of Hesketh/Snoodyk isn't bad for my motivation (to put it mildly!).

      As for the 1:32 versus 1:35 scale debate there isn't much to be said that hasn't been said before. We all make our own decisions. When I compare figures, cars, lorries, and general industrial equipment the 1:35 scale ones are the most detailed. That is why it is 1:35 for me. The upsurge in 1:35 loco kits recently just makes the choise seem even better. For me, that is.

      ---In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

      I'm with You Woodie!
      I have both 1/35 and 1/32 stuff... but 1/35 seems good to me

      Cheers
      Hans H

        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 10, 2013
          Brian,

          thank you for all the work you did on the skips you worked on. It is very much appreciated.
          regards
          Geoff Potter

          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 10, 2013
            I think it will be great to combine Brian´s and Bernard´s skips on my layout.

            Daniel

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 11, 2013

              Bernard, these are the best news of the year! I hardly can wait any longer for your skips:-) And the best is they come in the right scale...

              Regards

              Ernst

              Because there is a wealth of accessories available out there to make our layouts/dioramas look better . Isn’t 1/32nd the die cast farm machinery scale with figures to match ? ! ?

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 16, 2013

                How do I get on a list to order them? They look fantastic!

                thanks

                Gil Flores

                here's my email:

                gflores1099@...