the Skips will be ready in late November

  • bsnoodyk
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 7, 2013

    Hi Guys

    I know that many have for some time been waiting for a true scale kit for tipping skips.

       The good news is that the new joint venture between Hesketh Scale Models and The Model Works Australia for their narrow gauge industrial locomotives has been extended to include a range of rolling stock, including a selection of 0.75 cubic meter side tipping skips.

    The skips are in final etching stage and will be ready for shipment at the end of November.  since they will be a stock item in the catalogue no quantity limits apply and additional units may be bought at any time.

    Kits will be sold in several formats with 3 cars per pack, including 3 skips, 2 standard skips plus a brake version, 3 frames only to allow you to customise these for other rolling stock.

    prices will be announced at the formal launch, but will closely relate to the cost of the HO scale Bachmann diecast units.

    These skips are precision engineered for the scale model builder, matching the original prototype in every detail.

    have fun & stay cool

    BernardS

  • Brian
    Message 2 of 21 , Oct 7, 2013
      That’s good Bernard, that will save me having to mess around with them, and allow me to get on with other work, thanks.

      Brian
      Qld. Aust.

      Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:40 AM
      Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] the Skips will be ready in late November [7 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from bsnoodyk@... included below]

[...]

      No virus found in this message.

    • bsnoodyk
      Message 3 of 21 , Oct 7, 2013

        By the way Guys,

        yes, the skips will come complete with journals and correct wheelsets.

        unfortunately when the test assemblies were done these were still with the casters.  all being equal these should be available in the next 2 weeks to allow the boxes to be loaded etc.

        have fun & stay cool

        Bernards

          Message 5 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013
            Bernard,
            You didn’t say what scale these are?

            Brian
            Qld. Aust.

              Message 7 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013
                nope I knew nothing about Bernard doing skips, until he posted his email, so assuming he is doing them in 1/32 there is no point in me doing them as well.

                Brian
                Qld. Aust.

                Message 8 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013
                  Bernard has been developing these skips over the last year or two and has only made his formal announcement now that he is ready to put them into production . This means that he was researching into their possible commercial release some time before Brian offered to produce them himself.

                  They will be made in 1/35th scale . To go with all the locos that Hesketh Scale Models are , and will be , manufacturing . They will be “Continental” type , as you can see from the photos , making them more versatile than the Hudson “ Rugga”skips currently offered by Slaters in 1/32nd scale . Well , more versatile to me as I’m not modelling British narrow gauge , or 1/32nd scale .

                    To my mind the collaboration between Bernard and Mark Hesketh opens up all sorts of possibilities in modelling in 1/35th scale that had previously been unobtainable to us less skilled modellers who can’t build realistic locos in that scale . I reckon that in ten years time the scale will have become as mainstream as 0n30 is now .

                    No doubt Bernard will correct me if I am wrong on anything I have said , but I thought I would try and clarify a few points whilst he’s asleep ,

                       Nick Ogden ( UK)

                  Message 9 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013

                    Hi all,

                    the skips are built to 1:35 scale and designed to operate on 16.5mm or smaller track gauge.

                    however in spite of scale they could equally be used in 32nd scale to represent a slightly larger volume skip as was the case with the original where only minor differences existed.

                    to respond to the question as to whether these are a JV with Brian;  the answer is no.  These models will be offered through the joint venture between Hesketh Scale Models and The Model Works Australia as part of the development of a growing line-up of 35th scale locomotives and rolling stock.  The announcement of the  release of the skip was held back until we were able to be certain of the release date to avoid buyer disappointment if the product was further delayed.  A kit of this nature requires an extensive research programme and many test etches as part of the development stage, which all take time, to ensure that the model meets exacting standards.  As noted by Nick this has taken well over 2 years of time & effort.

                    we will shortly post more photos of the final models in painted & weathered format to show how realistic these models will be.

                    have fun & stay cool

                    BernardS

                      Message 11 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013
                        What about us "1:35 scale purists"? What is "Orential scale"? Oh well, I am just a crazy 35n2 nut who uses both scales to get what he wants. Have fun and run a train today.

                        Woodie

                        Message 12 of 21 , Oct 8, 2013

                          I guess you mean a slightly smaller volume in 1:32.... not larger. Good work on the skips!

                          Gr Arnoud

                          Verzonden via Yahoo! Mail op Android

                            Message 14 of 21 , Oct 9, 2013
                              Hi Bernard!
                              This sounds just great, I know your skills so this will be realy nice

                              Cheers
                              Hans Hammarsten

                              Message 15 of 21 , Oct 9, 2013
                                I'm with You Woodie!
                                I have both 1/35 and 1/32 stuff... but 1/35 seems good to me

                                Cheers
                                Hans H

                                Message 16 of 21 , Oct 9, 2013
                                  Hi all
                                  By mistake I managed to send a message to the group to Nick Ogden. Had a nice answer from Nick, but really wanted to share my enthusiasm. I am usually not one to use big words, but the news of 1:35 skips really deserves a 'brilliant news'!

                                  Having been into 1:35 for more than a decade and sorely missing a well detailed continental skip in that scale this is great news. I'm looking forward to retire all my rebuilt Scale Link skips and relegate my Slaters Ruggas to reserve duty. Of course I will have to aquire more than 20 new skips, build, paint and assemble them (which will last some time) but I'm sure it will be worth while. And there is a nice brake skip as well.

                                  And being able to look forward to a steady stream of well detailed kits in 1:35 from the global partnership of Hesketh/Snoodyk isn't bad for my motivation (to put it mildly!).

                                  As for the 1:32 versus 1:35 scale debate there isn't much to be said that hasn't been said before. We all make our own decisions. When I compare figures, cars, lorries, and general industrial equipment the 1:35 scale ones are the most detailed. That is why it is 1:35 for me. The upsurge in 1:35 loco kits recently just makes the choise seem even better. For me, that is.

                                    Message 18 of 21 , Oct 10, 2013
                                      Brian,

                                      thank you for all the work you did on the skips you worked on. It is very much appreciated.
                                      regards
                                      Geoff Potter

                                      Message 19 of 21 , Oct 10, 2013
                                        I think it will be great to combine Brian´s and Bernard´s skips on my layout.

                                        Daniel

                                        Message 20 of 21 , Oct 11, 2013

                                          Bernard, these are the best news of the year! I hardly can wait any longer for your skips:-) And the best is they come in the right scale...

                                          Regards

                                          Ernst

                                          Message 21 of 21 , Oct 16, 2013

                                            How do I get on a list to order them? They look fantastic!

                                            thanks

                                            Gil Flores

                                            here's my email:

                                            gflores1099@...