David Provan kits

  • gaz410
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2013

      Hello all

      I'm in the begining stages of building my two Provan kits of Hudson steel sided bogie wagons. I'm fitting them with home built bogies on the basis og Scale Link skips. A method I have used on an other bogie wagon built previously.

      I bought the Provan kits from another modeller that realised he wouldn't get them built. You are welcome to follow the build on my little blog - the opening stage can be found here: http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/09/more-bogie-wagons-for-nystrup-gravel.html

      Best regards

      Claus, Copenhagen

    • DAVID PROVAN
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2013
        Just a note to let everyone know that I am alive and kicking and will be at Expong at the end of October. This is the only show I do.

        The 1/35 body-only kit is still available and I'm looking forward to seeing it made. I'm sure Claus will make a fine job of it. Incidentally I measured the prototype over 25 years ago at Toddington. At one time I was going to do the wooden bodied version as well but other things got in the way. I also do the model in 1/32 with bogies (wheels from Slater's) with all lost-wax brass castings. I am hoping to get some laser-cut stuff done in time, mainly basic bodies in card. What I manage to do I'm not sure yet but it will be in 1/32, 1/35 to special order.

        Looking forward to seeing everyone at Swanley on the 26th October.

        Regards

        David

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2013
          Well fella’s I need to know from those that want the photo etched 1/32 scale O&K Skips, how many skips do you want in both the plain version and also the braked version, I have created a poll in order to gather numbers

          Brian
          Qld. Aust.

        • emil_hoffmann
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013

            Brian,

            I've voted, and I am less concerned about the selling price as I am about the real possibility of finally getting a half-dozen skips in 1/32 scale!   I now impatiently wait for the finished product.