RE: Just added some photos of my WW1 themed modules

  • rd_etropal
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 22, 2013

      just made the 1/35 versions of both Simplexes and a 1/32 version of the Protected version available on Shapeways

      https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Recreation21

      As can be seen in photos on my layout they are designed to capture the spirit of the real loco, and please don't count the rivets!

      --- In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <potgeoff@...> wrote:

      Lennart and Paul,

      here is a US regimental history on WW1 Light railway engineers from the Wayback Machine.
      Probably complete overkill on the level of detail you may require, but some good technical articles and photographs here.

      An historical & technical biography of the Twenty-first engineers, light railway. United States Army (1919)

      Also there are many great photos of light railway operations (mostly France) on the Australian War Memorial Collection database, including some very interesting Egyptian light railway images from Serapeum.

      Specify WW1 in the conflict field. Try searching terms like "light railway", "simplex" etc.

      I hope this is of some help,

      regards
      Geoff Potter

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 21, 2013
          Sounds interesting. Will be watching your progress.

          Best regards

          Claus, Copenhagen