Re: [FS32NGModelrail] RE: 3-d Printed Festiniog Slate wagon

  • tom bell
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8 5:12 PM
      Yes there are quite a few photos some here - http://www.hfwagen.de/index.php?page=hf_wk1_o.htm

      Other ones I'd like to do are the WDLR A and P wagons and the Decauville skips as used on the WDLR as in this photo  https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v2i4pbD_fHooDneGIPh9e9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

      On 9 September 2013 01:41, <rue_d_etropal@...> wrote:

      --- In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <tebeeb@...> wrote:

      I've already printed wheels in 009, complete with printed axles and pin-points and they work surprisingly well. even though they look rough. Main problem is the pin-points are not always a perfect point. Maybe I should try a batch for 1:35 and see how they turn out.

      The Förderbahnwagen is already quite high on my list, main problem is I''ve not found any drawings of it or even dimensions. Are there any in any of the books on Heeresfeldbahnen?

      Tom

      On 8 September 2013 21:39, <rue_d_etropal@...> wrote:

      The Slaters wheels are a bit pricey, being loco wheels sold as 2 wheels on one longer axle, which in effect doubles price of wagon. James Coldicott produces a 12 in wheel in 1/32. I know this is too small but might be worth while seeing if he would produce a bigger wheel.  Other option is to design your own and print. Would need a metal axle and might have to use one of the better quality finishes.

      --- In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <jmueller@...> wrote:

      Hallo Tom!
      Since you've asked, I'll voice my wagon wish.
      I build in 1/32 and would dearly appreciate a decent rendition of the German Förderbahnwagen; as used extensively during the Great War on 60cm tracks. I would buy a dozen without blinking an eye, if they were available in the same quality you've illustrated.
      MFG J.Müller

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tebeeb@...> wrote:

      > I've just done an early wooden Festiniog railway slate wagon in 1:35. I'd be interested in what people think of it .
      >
      > http://shpws.me/p7hY
      >
      > I'm also trying to work out if anyone makes matching wheels that would fit it - 6 spoke 18 inch diameter.
      >
      > I'll also be interested to here what other wagons people would like to see in 1:35? Small prototypes are best as the don't take up too much material !
      >
      > Tom

    • rd_etropal
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10 2:17 PM
        Just found in the photos section Kerroby wheels OD75 , which look right but unfortunately they are no longer on Kerroby website

        --

        My website www.tbmod.com
        My ebay shop http://stores.ebay.com/tbmod

        --
      • tom bell
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10 3:36 PM
          I'm going to do a test print of 3-d printed wheels - just done the drawings today.

          These  are 16 inch 4 hole with ribs for the WDLR trolleys

          in two versions - complete wheels.axles http://shpws.me/p9ND

          And wheels only to fit KB scale 2mm axles http://shpws.me/p9NC

          Will see how they work!

          Tom