3-d Printed Festiniog Slate wagon

  • tom
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 6, 2013
      I've just done an early wooden Festiniog railway slate wagon in 1:35. I'd be interested in what people think of it .

      http://shpws.me/p7hY

      I'm also trying to work out if anyone makes matching wheels that would fit it - 6 spoke 18 inch diameter.

      I'll also be interested to here what other wagons people would like to see in 1:35? Small prototypes are best as the don't take up too much material !

      Tom
    • rd_etropal

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2013
          Slater's do a 7mm. Scale 2' dia 6 curly spoke pony wheel [7N824M3]

          Brian
          Qld. Aust.
          I've just done an early wooden Festiniog railway slate wagon in 1:35. I'd be interested in what
          people think of it .

          http://shpws.me/p7hY

          I'm also trying to work out if anyone makes matching wheels that would fit it - 6 spoke 18 inch
          diameter.

          I'll also be interested to here what other wagons people would like to see in 1:35? Small prototypes
          are best as the don't take up too much material !

          Tom

          -----
          No virus found in this message.
          out of date.
        • Emil
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
            Hallo Tom!
            Since you've asked, I'll voice my wagon wish.
            I build in 1/32 and would dearly appreciate a decent rendition of the German Förderbahnwagen; as used extensively during the Great War on 60cm tracks. I would buy a dozen without blinking an eye, if they were available in the same quality you've illustrated.
            MFG J.Müller

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tebeeb@...> wrote:

            > I've just done an early wooden Festiniog railway slate wagon in 1:35. I'd be interested in what people think of it .
            >
            > http://shpws.me/p7hY
            >
            > I'm also trying to work out if anyone makes matching wheels that would fit it - 6 spoke 18 inch diameter.
            >
            > I'll also be interested to here what other wagons people would like to see in 1:35? Small prototypes are best as the don't take up too much material !
            >
            > Tom

          • rd_etropal
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013

              The Slaters wheels are a bit pricey, being loco wheels sold as 2 wheels on one longer axle, which in effect doubles price of wagon. James Coldicott produces a 12 in wheel in 1/32. I know this is too small but might be worth while seeing if he would produce a bigger wheel.  Other option is to design your own and print. Would need a metal axle and might have to use one of the better quality finishes.

              --- In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <jmueller@...> wrote:

              Hallo Tom!
              Since you've asked, I'll voice my wagon wish.
              I build in 1/32 and would dearly appreciate a decent rendition of the German Förderbahnwagen; as used extensively during the Great War on 60cm tracks. I would buy a dozen without blinking an eye, if they were available in the same quality you've illustrated.
              MFG J.Müller

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tebeeb@...> wrote:

              > I've just done an early wooden Festiniog railway slate wagon in 1:35. I'd be interested in what people think of it .
              >
              > http://shpws.me/p7hY
              >
              > I'm also trying to work out if anyone makes matching wheels that would fit it - 6 spoke 18 inch diameter.
              >
              > I'll also be interested to here what other wagons people would like to see in 1:35? Small prototypes are best as the don't take up too much material !
              >
              > Tom

            • tom bell
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                I've already printed wheels in 009, complete with printed axles and pin-points and they work surprisingly well. even though they look rough. Main problem is the pin-points are not always a perfect point. Maybe I should try a batch for 1:35 and see how they turn out.

                The Förderbahnwagen is already quite high on my list, main problem is I''ve not found any drawings of it or even dimensions. Are there any in any of the books on Heeresfeldbahnen?

                Tom

                --
              • rd_etropal
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013

                  --
                • tom bell
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                    Yes there are quite a few photos some here - http://www.hfwagen.de/index.php?page=hf_wk1_o.htm

                    Other ones I'd like to do are the WDLR A and P wagons and the Decauville skips as used on the WDLR as in this photo  https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v2i4pbD_fHooDneGIPh9e9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

                    On 9 September 2013 01:41, <rue_d_etropal@...> wrote:

                    --- In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <tebeeb@...> wrote:

                    I've already printed wheels in 009, complete with printed axles and pin-points and they work surprisingly well. even though they look rough. Main problem is the pin-points are not always a perfect point. Maybe I should try a batch for 1:35 and see how they turn out.

                    The Förderbahnwagen is already quite high on my list, main problem is I''ve not found any drawings of it or even dimensions. Are there any in any of the books on Heeresfeldbahnen?

                    Tom

                    On 8 September 2013 21:39, <rue_d_etropal@...> wrote:

                    The Slaters wheels are a bit pricey, being loco wheels sold as 2 wheels on one longer axle, which in effect doubles price of wagon. James Coldicott produces a 12 in wheel in 1/32. I know this is too small but might be worth while seeing if he would produce a bigger wheel.  Other option is to design your own and print. Would need a metal axle and might have to use one of the better quality finishes.

                    --- In fs32ngmodelrail@yahoogroups.com, <jmueller@...> wrote:

                    Hallo Tom!
                    Since you've asked, I'll voice my wagon wish.
                    I build in 1/32 and would dearly appreciate a decent rendition of the German Förderbahnwagen; as used extensively during the Great War on 60cm tracks. I would buy a dozen without blinking an eye, if they were available in the same quality you've illustrated.
                    MFG J.Müller

                    --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tebeeb@...> wrote:

                    > I've just done an early wooden Festiniog railway slate wagon in 1:35. I'd be interested in what people think of it .
                    >
                    > http://shpws.me/p7hY
                    >
                    > I'm also trying to work out if anyone makes matching wheels that would fit it - 6 spoke 18 inch diameter.
                    >
                    > I'll also be interested to here what other wagons people would like to see in 1:35? Small prototypes are best as the don't take up too much material !
                    >
                    > Tom

                  • rd_etropal
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
                      Just found in the photos section Kerroby wheels OD75 , which look right but unfortunately they are no longer on Kerroby website

                      --

                      My website www.tbmod.com
                      My ebay shop http://stores.ebay.com/tbmod

                      --
                    • tom bell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
                        I'm going to do a test print of 3-d printed wheels - just done the drawings today.

                        These  are 16 inch 4 hole with ribs for the WDLR trolleys

                        in two versions - complete wheels.axles http://shpws.me/p9ND

                        And wheels only to fit KB scale 2mm axles http://shpws.me/p9NC

                        Will see how they work!

                        Tom