Re: Fire engine and Packard 12 in 1:35

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
      Stephen
      You are on the right track there in my eyes. I alså don't fit details to lorry engines if it's not going to show on the finished model. On the Bedford O I didn't fit the engine at all. I now have a very nice Perkins diesel for a future project.

      But some of the tiny pieces have to be assembled and the idea of making the upper part of a car (the ICM Opel Kapitän) in 14 pieces rather than one (Tamiya Citroen TA) seems crazy.

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013

        Claus,

        If you really want to drive yourself nutz with fiddly little parts try making a paper card model of an army tank with every track piece to be cut out and folded and glued in place. Just the thought of it drives me screaming out into the storm.

        Last I heard there was a decal brought out in Germany for 1/32 scale aircraft models that has the aluminum manufacturers markings on the original sheets of aluminum for the insides of the German airplanes where they were not painted. No one will ever see that when it is assembled, but the builder will know it is there.  Well, who am I to say?