Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Another 3D Schoema in 1:35

  • henrik laurell
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2013

    regards

    On 13 August 2013 10:04, Claus <clausoggitte@...> wrote:

    All:
    I have followed in the footsteps of Ernst from Germany and bought a 1:35 Schoema from Shapeways. Thanks to Ernst for being the 'trail blazer' for me on this one. See images on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/08/gas-generator-schoma.html

    Yesterday evening I sanded both roof and cab front and rear to get rid of the printing defects. Nothing careful use of a sanding stick couldn't handle. In the coming days I hope to get time to prime the model to get a better idea of how good the print really is. Perhaps a bit more sanding will be needed. It is hard to see details on the unpainted FUD-material.

    I have other models to finish before I start the Schoema for real, so after priming nothing more will happen on it for some time.

  • Claus
    Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2013
      Hi Henrik
      I've seen them and if they are as nicely done as the Schoema, they would make nice models. I have a sort of unexplainable love for DDR industrial narrow gauge that I cannot shrug off. So it isn't unthinkable that a model of a LKM-loco at one point will be seen on Nystrup Gravel.

      best regards

      Claus
    • Ernst Gmx Pfeffer

          Message 5 of 7 , Aug 13, 2013
            Hi Claus,

            as I think that you are a gifted modeller I am curious seeing you starting and finishing your new project.
            I´m taking a seat in the first row of followers.

            Thank you for reporting,

            Thomas.

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Claus" <clausoggitte@...> wrote:

            > All:
            > I have followed in the footsteps of Ernst from Germany and bought a 1:35 Schoema from Shapeways. Thanks to Ernst for being the 'trail blazer' for me on this one. See images on http://nystrupgravel.blogspot.dk/2013/08/gas-generator-schoma.html
            >
            > Yesterday evening I sanded both roof and cab front and rear to get rid of the printing defects. Nothing careful use of a sanding stick couldn't handle. In the coming days I hope to get time to prime the model to get a better idea of how good the print really is. Perhaps a bit more sanding will be needed. It is hard to see details on the unpainted FUD-material.
            >
            > I have other models to finish before I start the Schoema for real, so after priming nothing more will happen on it for some time.
            >
            > Best regards
            >
            > Claus

          • Claus
            Message 6 of 7 , Aug 14, 2013
              Hallo Thomas
              Thanks a lot for the nice words. Aside from the first treatment of the printed loco, sanding and priming, I will not do more work on it until I have finished some of my unfinished projects. You will thus have to make yourself comfortable in your seat and expect to spend some time on other things while waiting.

              Seeing a lot of other modellers' work I don't consider myself particularly gifted on the output side of modelling. I am without a doubt very lucky (or gifted) due to the fact that I have the resources to have a hobby at all. I have both time and money to do things that basically is nothing but a waste of time compared to what billions of my fellow human beings are doing to keep themselves and their families alive. Not that I think of it every time I shop online or sit at my modeling desk, but it is worth to consider now and then.